Why become a member? ×

Just got back off tour

This has been the first "stay out" tour with my current band, I absolutely loved it! We did 6 dates in 8 days, mostly across the south of England and it's definitely been an interesting one.

I've been pretty ill for some of it but I'd still do it again in an instant, we've had everything from empty rooms to rammed ones, the usual uneventful gigs to a couple of girls "enjoying themselves" (to put it delicately) on a table right next to us while another band played.

The best bit is that we worked together so smoothly, I know 8 days isn't the longest time to spend together but when we're only 4 guys and a girl cramped in a tiny van (once all the gear was in) and being totally self reliant there was a lot to do and a lot of opportunity to fall out but everyone was totally relaxed.

The real star of the tour was Andy, who's a general dogsbody for us. He's been roadying for a while and recently started taking a bit more control of the band and moved to a manager position, this tour he's really proven his weight in gold when our booking agent spent months getting us 3 gigs (spread out over 2 weeks) and Andy stepped in with a month to go and filled the calendar. Thanks to him we actually turned a profit overall, which is something we weren't expecting.

Anyway, I expect this isn't interesting to a lot of you, just thought I'd post as I'm happy the first JWP tour has gone so well!

Here's a video shot on a phone from the gig last night, the final one of the tour, at Pulse Bar in Barnsley.

I'm really quite envious as its something I'd love to do. What makes it worse is that I'm in a darn good band which dose gig a fair bit but only around the same old local venues. I've almost given up trying to motivate them.

bigthumb, I've had that before in bands it was incredibly frustrating. That's another reason I'm so chuffed with this!

Randy, we're based in Derby so not all that far away from you anyway. Thanks very much for the compliment. :) Our next Derby gig is the 9th July at the Old Bell. If you (or anyone from here) ever makes it to one of our gigs, feel free to come give me a nudge and say hi.

[quote name='Randy_Marsh' post='1216545' date='May 1 2011, 01:53 PM']Love your band and that video mate. Tour up north sometime please :)[/quote]

+1 to that, just gave it a quick view and i'm impressed, i'll definately be there if you come to Manchester or somewhere closeish. Good to hear the tour went well too.

Liam

Thanks Liam, we're playing at a Biker Festival in Blackpool soon, I'll have to find out the details. We've not got a lot going on up north though, we're mainly focused between Barnsley and London (though we're spreading our wings now).

Since you liked Go Faster Slowly, here's another video someone just posted from the same gig, this is You Are The Sun the single we've been promoting this tour, available from iTunes and all good digital download retailers! :) (and hard copies with a B side from our site).