Why become a member? ×

CUSTOM BASS

nik1093

[quote name='7string' post='15294' date='Jun 10 2007, 10:04 PM']I went to see Alan of AC Guitars on Friday.

He's a great guy, has some equally great designs and some stunning wood in stock. :)[/quote]

Oo didnt happen to see bits of my harlot fretless about did you?

Well i love alans work so much compared to everything else I'v played I bought a second one, i dont think anyone can beat him on price to quality at the moment. Your sei is absolutely stunning but a tad out there on price for me.

Sorry, I didn't see anything purple lurking about...

Alan and I discussed the custom prices at the moment. His philosophy is that every bass comes 'fully equipped' instead of having a base model and then options to add on top. Every ACG bass is 'top-of-the-line' already so you do get a lot of bass for your money.

I'm glad you like my Sei and there's no getting away from the fact she's expensive. No Sei owner can keep price a secret as Martin gives a full, detailed pricelist on his site at [url="http://www.seibass.com"]www.seibass.com[/url]

Arr isnt purple at the moment just quilted maple.

I bet she's worth every penny even if you can't hide the price. The lace wood really looks great.

Anyway ill stop taking over the thread, continue with the stunning customs one and all.

Glad you like the bass, at 16, I feel damn lucky to own her, with a massive thanks to Chris May and my awesome parents with helping me get it !! :) With the full range Trace Elliot stack, it sounds the dogs danglies!! I love it to pieces..! :huh: :huh: The 3 pin XLR is a balanced line output and can only be used on a balanced input - found on better mixing desks - it is really for studio applications and won't work in an ordinary live/amp situation.

Thanks,
Best Wishes,
Matt D :huh:

Edited by overwater#1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Toasted' post='29849' date='Jul 10 2007, 04:30 PM']It bothers you, doesnt it? :)[/quote]
Not really. Both are full of pictures of my lovely GB's. I asked the mods to pin one and could not give a toss which. But ever since they pinned the other one everyone has been posting on this one. Doh!