Why become a member? ×

Feeler: Dr.Bass RX1260 + RX210 cabs

bassjamm

Hi guys and gals,

I'm hoping to get one of the new Dr.Bass cabs on the way into the country from Robbie at RIM Basses, so i'm seeing if there's any interest in my Dr.Bass cabs.

I've got an RX1260 and RX210, both are in good condition, they've been gigged by myself, but i've looked after them and cosmetically they're spot on. I bought the RX210 off ebay, and the RX1260 from a user on here...who got it from the same seller as the RX1260 came from...so they've been together before :)

RX210:
2 x 10 with tweeter
500 watts @ 8 ohms
2 x 1/4" jack connector

RX1260:
1 x 12 with 1 x 6 and tweeter
500 watts @ 8 ohms
1 x speakon connector (no 1/4" jack connecto)

The 1260 is my preferred cab of the 2, it simply sounds awesome...i'm going to be getting the 2460 cab from Robbie, which is the 1260's big brother, they sound huge, warm, and do everything i'd want them to!!!

I'd be looking for [b]£450[/b] for them both and i'm quite reluctant to split them, but may do at £230 each.

Thanks in advance for any interest...but as i say, this is only a feeler!

Thanks
Jamie

Both have tweeter volume knob on the rear.

Edited by bassjamm

These look like nice cabs, but just to correct what I believe is a typo, the 1260 doesn't have a 1x16 but a 1x6 instead. I was a little surprised someone actually decided to build a 16" sub vs. the usual 15", so checked out the website. If these were a little lighter (and my wallet a little heavier) I'd definitely be interested in these, but I'm looking for lighter cabs. Free bump.

[quote name='Dave' post='139257' date='Feb 13 2008, 08:31 AM']These look like nice cabs, but just to correct what I believe is a typo, the 1260 doesn't have a 1x16 but a 1x6 instead. I was a little surprised someone actually decided to build a 16" sub vs. the usual 15", so checked out the website. If these were a little lighter (and my wallet a little heavier) I'd definitely be interested in these, but I'm looking for lighter cabs. Free bump.[/quote]

Thanks for that Dave, i've corrected that :)

As for the weight...i don't consider them to be heavy, i can carry them, one in each hand quite comfortably, and i am by no means, a he-man...they aren't feather-weights, fair enough, but they're not a heavy pair of cabs what so ever!

[quote name='dood' post='139900' date='Feb 13 2008, 10:08 PM']Hello mate! Is their any differences in the RX1260 and the current 1260 range Jam?[/quote]

Hi Dan...

Not that i am aware of. Marc at Dr.Bass used to offer to ranges, the RX and the BL...i think the differences were basically the thickness of the wood used to create the cabs, the RX being thinner than the BL, the cross-overs may have been different, i'm not sure though to be honest. Anyway, he's now just offering one range, whether it's a continuation of the RX or the BL, or a totally new one, i'm not sure.

One thing i do know is that all of the cabs on the way into the country have neo cones, where as mine does not, it's the standard cone used on the RX series whilst they were in production.

The specs are the same apart from the above to the best of my knowledge, 500 watts, 1 x 12, 1 x 6, tweeter etc. Marc, the builder of the cabs, and Mr. Dr.Bass uses the 1260 speaker himself, i've had some e-mail chats with him about the cabs, and he can't big up the 1260 enough, nor can i in fairness...hence why i'm going for it's big brother :)

Sorry i can't be any more clear than that though mate...hope it helps though.

Jam

Thanks mate. I'm looking at a small cab to use for writing sesions / recording after I have sold my SVP, and this little chap caught my eye! Does yours have the level controls for both tweeter and mid too?

Thanks mate,

Dan

No...just the tweeter, is that a feature on the new ones? Haven't really looked into them much!

It's a wicked sound for the size of the cab mate...i kind of stumbled across the whole 1260 thing, but i don't think i'd ever want to be without something like it now...it's pretty much helped to create my sound, i love it!!! Looking forward to hearing the big bro :)

Hi,

I don't have the exact specs you've requested...but rough measurements (taken using a 30cm ruler) would be:

RX1260
51cm wide
39.cm high
38cm deep

RX210
51cm wide
45.5cm high
38cm deep

As for weights, i don't have a set of scales but, taken from the current range, which i can only assume would be about the same...weights would be:

Current 1260 - 47lbs
Current 210 - 53 lbs

I will try and get a set of scales over the weekend to make the above more accurate...but as i've mentioned (i think), i can manage one cab in either arm to carry them about.

Hope that helps.

Jamie

• 3 weeks later...

Both cabs are still available people...

I've just moved house and i'm without a regular internet connection, so please contact me via phone...my mobile number is 07921 081 006...i'm willing to accept sensible offers from anyone wishing to take both of the cabs...

Thanks
Jamie

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...