Why become a member? ×

ACG Salace 5.

giblett123

• 3 months later...

[quote name='giblett123' timestamp='1331843438' post='1579870']
Yep, this one will have a gloss finish and gold fret wire, I reckon it'll be a real looker as well as sounding the business, I'm really looking forward to it and am dead chuffed with the way it's turning out.
[/quote]

Really pleased for ya matey :yarr:

• 3 weeks later...

Lovely!

I'm sure it'll turn out to be a fantastic instrument....I'd like to get an ACG myself, especially with one of those filter preamps. The specs of yours also sound very promising.

Btw: The body shape of the Salace looks pretty familiar to me....here's my JP (just ignore the few extra strings and the runway in place of the fingerboard ;)) :

Pretty similar, don't you think?

Cheers
Janis

Beautiful bass Satrugar! :)
I always loved JP's work, shame he had to pull the plug on his bass building, epsecially before I could save up enough to order one of his basses. He created some incredible instruments which have certainly influenced bass builders around the world.

I do see a bit of similarity between the shapes, the top horn particularly, but the lower horn and the jazz style off set are quite different. As it happens, the Salace shape is actually a hybrid between ACG's Harlot and Gallus shapes.

If you're thinking about ordering an ACG, don't hesitate they're absolutely incredible instruments! :)

Eude

Thanks, guys!
The top on mine should be spalted sycamore, at least that's what JP said. :)
It really is a shame that he stopped building.....Mine is an absolute keeper.

You're right Eude, the lower horn and the offset are different. Anyway, I like the shape of both!

I'd love to order an ACG, preferably a 5er or 6er singlecut. Unfortunately I can't afford that atm....

That's why I'm very tempted to shoot Chris2112 a PM, he seems to want a WW Thumb for his Harlot and I happen to have one of those...
Only "problem" is the lack of enough strings on his Harlot. But maybe I could live with that.....what to do, what to do.... :unsure:

Cheers
Janis

[quote name='Satrugar' timestamp='1333369190' post='1600602']
I'd love to order an ACG, preferably a 5er or 6er singlecut. Unfortunately I can't afford that atm....

That's why I'm very tempted to shoot Chris2112 a PM, he seems to want a WW Thumb for his Harlot and I happen to have one of those...
Only "problem" is the lack of enough strings on his Harlot. But maybe I could live with that.....what to do, what to do.... :unsure:

Cheers
Janis
[/quote]

Singlecut 5er or 6er? - I've got one of each :) >>

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/72396-look-what-i-just-picked-up/"]http://basschat.co.uk/topic/72396-look-what-i-just-picked-up/[/url]
[url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/130449-acg-finn-sc-6er/"]http://basschat.co.uk/topic/130449-acg-finn-sc-6er/[/url]
They're both 33" scale so very easy to get around and the 5 string is insanely light.
I can't recommend ACGs enough! If you've got any questions feel free to shoot me a PM, I'm a bit of an ACG geek ;)

The Harlot you're talking about is an amazing bass, a really stunning example of Alan's work and Chris2112 is a great guy to deal with should you think about taking the leap...

Cheers,
Eude

Damn it.....don't feed my GAS, please! :lol:

Eude, your ACGs look really great. My JP is also a 33" and has no fingerboard radius and I got completely used to that....that's why I'm sure they both would fit me very well.
I guess I'll contact Chris and see what happens.
And thanks for the offer, if I got any questions about ACGs you'll be my first address. :)

[quote name='Satrugar' timestamp='1333386117' post='1601000']
Damn it.....don't feed my GAS, please! :lol:

Eude, your ACGs look really great. My JP is also a 33" and has no fingerboard radius and I got completely used to that....that's why I'm sure they both would fit me very well.
I guess I'll contact Chris and see what happens.
And thanks for the offer, if I got any questions about ACGs you'll be my first address. :)
[/quote]

Sorry man... (GAS is good, don't fight it ;))

Sounds like we have similar taste in basses there matey.
I'd be happy to help should you need any info though.

All the best,
Eude

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

[quote name='giblett123' timestamp='1342545335' post='1736931']
Arrived this aft, looks amazing (check out that board) and sounds seriously good too! A proper road test and some clips to follow asap.
[/quote]

That
Is
Gorgeous!

Hot damn mate!
That's is amazing!
You must be very chuffed :)

[quote name='giblett123' timestamp='1342550949' post='1737013']
Yup, fit and finish is amazing, I can't find anything less than 100% and being a fussy sod I've looked real close, it is stunning! Tone wise it's v punchy, almost bell like with a kind of natural compression, nice!
[/quote]

I'd expect nothing less mate, Alan's getting pretty good at this...

Eude