Why become a member? ×

GONE PLEASE REMOVE

wal4string

The deal is done.

For Sale.
My beloved Musicman Serial number E47642 completed on 07/25/05 It is a 2 EQ Sting Ray, Black with maple fretboard.
Has the usual few small very light knocks on the headstock ( see image.) however the neck and body are like new.
Only thing I don't like about this bass is the colour.

Have been looking for a Natural/Maple Stingray but nothing doing so have decided to sell bass in order to buy one.

Comes with Hard Case.

Was £750.00 now looking for £700.00 plus shipping.

Edited by wal4string

[quote name='Robert Manning' post='1212211' date='Apr 26 2011, 11:49 PM']But blacks the nicest colour!! :)[/quote]

Ha!Ha! But not for me mate. In a past life I was a carpenter, and for me paint kills the unique look of wood. All painted basses look the same, but there are never two grains the same, rather like snowflakes.

[quote name='wal4string' post='1212223' date='Apr 27 2011, 12:14 AM']Ha!Ha! But not for me mate. In a past life I was a carpenter, and for me paint kills the unique look of wood. All painted basses look the same, but there are never two grains the same, rather like snowflakes.[/quote]

Very good point!, If it were a 3EQ i would swap with you, (i happen to have a natural stingray with black pick guard).
ide really miss the extra 3rd band. :/ are you far from Portsmouth?

[quote name='Robert Manning' post='1212535' date='Apr 27 2011, 12:48 PM']Very good point!, If it were a 3EQ i would swap with you, (i happen to have a natural stingray with black pick guard).
ide really miss the extra 3rd band. :/ are you far from Portsmouth?[/quote]

No mate, why do I sound like a sailor? From Cardiff.

As I am sure you know there is still some debate as to what you gain with the extra EQ though.

Definitely, there is a lot of people that consider the 2eq to be closer in sound to early stingrays than the 3eq.
Me?....my amp EQ is all I need lol. Best preamp I've ever played has been a 2band!

Si

[quote name='wal4string' post='1212619' date='Apr 27 2011, 01:55 PM']No mate, why do I sound like a sailor? From Cardiff.

As I am sure you know there is still some debate as to what you gain with the extra EQ though.[/quote]

If you where down in Portsmouth or anywhere near ide happily swap, i really like black and it would match my rickenbacker! hehe
(mine is an mintish condition natural with the Birdseye neck)

[quote name='Robert Manning' post='1212712' date='Apr 27 2011, 03:13 PM']If you where down in Portsmouth or anywhere near ide happily swap, i really like black and it would match my rickenbacker! hehe
(mine is an mintish condition natural with the Birdseye neck)[/quote]

Don't like the idea of posting?

[quote name='wal4string' post='1212814' date='Apr 27 2011, 04:35 PM']Don't like the idea of posting?[/quote]

Not so much at the moment!, selling two bases on eBay at the moment, so ill be posting loads of basses, including the music man ive just swapped.
i'm only suggesting the trade as i not yet attached to the stingray yet! and don't mind a swap plus like black.
What year is yours?

[quote name='Robert Manning' post='1212847' date='Apr 27 2011, 05:01 PM']Not so much at the moment!, selling two bases on eBay at the moment, so ill be posting loads of basses, including the music man ive just swapped.
i'm only suggesting the trade as i not yet attached to the stingray yet! and don't mind a swap plus like black.
What year is yours?[/quote]

It was born 07/25/05. What about yours? Have you any pictures?

[quote name='Sibob' post='1212640' date='Apr 27 2011, 02:01 PM']Definitely, there is a lot of people that consider the 2eq to be closer in sound to early stingrays than the 3eq.
Me?....my amp EQ is all I need lol. Best preamp I've ever played has been a 2band!

Si[/quote]
The 2 EQ is the mutha of all StingRays bump