Why become a member? ×

WITHDRAWN

Skezza

I have a fondness for all things 1980s particularly pointy headed guitars. Any way I just got an absolutely battered charvel 2b 4 string bass that looks the dogs BUT there is one problem the nut has slid sidewase a few millimeteres because the G string doies not run in a straight line.

So what do I use to glue a nut down Ita brass nut direct onto the headstock and touching the end of the fretboard. I have glued it twice with bostick and it has jut slowly slid across again

skez

Edited by Skezza

Remove the brass nut then carefully remove all the old glue until the slot is down to clean wood & there's none left on the nut.

Take a sharp file & cut some hatch-pattern grooves on each side of the nut - this gives the glue something to key on to.

Use whatever glue you feel happiest with - personally, I'd probably use Araldite(!) if it has already moved a few times.

Give the glue enough time to go off properly before you restring & put some sideways tension on it.

Good luck.

G.