Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Howdy, Folks!

BoomerUS

I'm a geezer from South Florida, USA and I started playing bass in 1964.

I've been trying to put a band together for more than a year but the music scene here is a tough nut to crack!

I was playing guitar and bass for some time but I've recently sold off everything not necessary to bass.

I play a Melancon MB-4 through a Line6 XDS95 Plus wireless unit to a Thunderfunk TFB-550A into an SWR Henry the 8x8 (one of the earliest Henry's I've ever seen with serial number 249) playing classic rock (60's, 70's and beyond) as well as blues. For backup, I have ... well, very little as my rig is very reliable. I do have a 70's Blue Line Ampeg SVT undergoing a complete restoration but it's a long, slow and expensive process! :)

I run a small guitar forum here in the States, [url="http://guitardiner.com/cgi-bin/newforum/gforum.cgi"]The Guitar Diner[/url], which is made up of folks who have been online and stuck together for the last twelve or fifteen years through several forum incarnations. Stop and say hi sometime!

In any case, just a quick intro to say 'Hi'!

Edited by BoomerUS

I'm not sure I appreciate being welcomed and then having people celebrate that they aren't the oldest on the board anymore!

I suppose it's better than not being welcomed at all though!

[quote name='Telebass' post='1207583' date='Apr 21 2011, 04:55 PM']Nor me! Welcome![/quote]

[quote name='BoomerUS' post='1207601' date='Apr 21 2011, 10:11 PM']having people celebrate that they aren't the oldest on the board anymore![/quote]
Hi BoomerUS and welcome.

They never were the oldest! I'm sure there's someone on here who once posted that his earliest memory was VE day in 1945. Also - [i]nomenclature alert [/i]- in the UK the term 'geezer' often refers to a gentleman possessed of street-wise stylishness and guile. Which I'm sure you are :)

Enjoy the forum and have fun here.

Edited by skankdelvar