Why become a member? ×

New Recording Rig

JayPH

Guys

Just got my gear for my Home Poor Mans Abbey Road Recording Studio

Am absolutely buzzing

Don't know if this is bad form but I posted about the rig in detail in the recording section but wanted to tell you here in case u missed it:

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=132787"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=132787[/url]

Just started clearing my home office out to change it to a recording room. Will start in earnest to set it up tomorrow and post some pics.

Mid Life Crisis? What Mid Life Crisis :)

John xx

[quote name='RockfordStone' post='1206598' date='Apr 20 2011, 11:37 PM']good on you my friend, i bought a load of recording stuff to do it all at home, and i find recording and mixing to be very fulfilling. i hope it will give you the same enjoyment it gives me and many others[/quote]

Thanks Paul. I really hope this is a road to somthing good and not just another detour.

[quote name='RockfordStone' post='1206604' date='Apr 20 2011, 11:43 PM']the only advice i will give, is that at times it can be frustrating to the point you just want to break stuff, but keep chugging away and the rewards are well worth the hassle :)[/quote]

Cheers Mate.

I just hope I'm not suffering from a bad case of G.A.S. (Gear Acquisition Syndrome) because, now, in the cold light of day I don't know where to start haha.

I have to rearrange the room and clear out the garage (again) before I even start setting it up :)

[quote name='Shambo' post='1206765' date='Apr 21 2011, 09:29 AM']Nice1. Exciting times for you playing with all your new toys.

I shall be in touch shortly about popping over to record another magnum opus I knocked together last Tuesday. :)[/quote]

No Problem fella :)

[quote name='matski' post='1206950' date='Apr 21 2011, 11:58 AM']Oh you're going to suffer from even more GAS now... :)[/quote]

That's what I'm afraid of dude.

Instead of all this recording stuff though I would prefer one of those Fender P Bases any day :lol: Oh and an Ibanez SR Prestige. Oh and a nice Yamaha Acoustic.

Maybe if I win the Lottery :)