Why become a member? ×

Its gotta be said!

metalmaniac

In my moment of sheer appreciation, i'd just like to say...

[color="#FF0000"][size=7]God, I love music![/size][/color]

Theres been lots of are the mods too strict, is there a problem on this forum and general bitchiness,

and tbh, i love this forum and thankyou all those who run it, and all the happy users

after all we are all here for the music.

:)

Absolutely!

Music is the only sensual pleasure without vice - [i]Samuel Johnson[/i]

Music is the shorthand of emotion - [i]Leo Tolstoy [/i]

Music is moonlight in the gloomy night of life - [i]Jean Paul Richter [/i]

Music has its own internal logic. It is like the logic of a dream, clear in its own terms but not necessarily in everyday terms. Sometimes it expresses something you can describe in words, but not always - [i]Tamás Vásáry [/i]

Music is an outburst of the soul - [i]Frederick Delius [/i]

Without music, life would be a mistake - [i]Friedrich Nietzsche [/i]

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music - [i]Aldous Huxley [/i]

A musician cannot move others unless he, too, is moved - [i]Carl Philipp Emanuel Bach[/i]

He who hears music, feels his solitude peopled at once - [i]Robert Browning [/i]

What is best in music is not to be found in the notes - [i]Gustav Mahler[/i]

The man that hath no music in himself Nor is not move'd with concord of sweet sounds, Is fit for treasons , strategems, and spoils;
The motions of his spirit are dull as night, And his affections dark as Erebus: Let no such man be trusted - [i]William Shakespeare [/i]

Learning music by reading about it is like making love by mail - [i]Luciano Pavarotti [/i]

Music is a moral law. It gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, a charm to sadness and a gaiety and life to everything. It is the essence of order and leads to all that is good, true and beautiful, of which it is the invisible but nevertheless dazzling, passionate and eternal form - [i]Plato[/i]

Music is the art of the prophets - [i]Martin Luther[/i]

Music is love in search of a word - [i]Sidney Lanier [/i]

Music is revelation; a revelation loftier than all wisdom and all philosophy - [i]Ludwig van Beethoven [/i]

The music is in the air. Take as much as you want - [i]Sir Edward Elgar [/i]

Music is the universal language of mankind - [i]Henry Wadsworth Longfellow [/i]

Music produces a kind of pleasure which human nature cannot do without - [i]K'ung-fu-tzu [/i]

Music is well said to be the speech of angels. In fact, nothing among the utterances allowed to man is felt to be so divine. It brings us near to the infinite - [i]Thomas Carlyle [/i]

Music ministers to human welfare more than any other art - [i]Herbert Spencer [/i]

Music is the flowering of character - [i]K'ung-fu-tzu [/i]

Music expresses that which can not be said and on which it is impossible to be silent - [i]Victor Hugo[/i]

Don't play the notes. Play the meaning of the notes - [i]Pablo Casals [/i]