Why become a member? ×

Wireless systems

After seeing rmshaw's the other day, I've been GASing about a wireless again and I've seen nothing but good stuff about the L6 Relays.

I was looking them up the other day and came across these:

[url="http://www.thomann.de/gb/line6_tbp_12.htm"]http://www.thomann.de/gb/line6_tbp_12.htm[/url]
[url="http://www.thomann.de/gb/line6_rxs_12.htm"]http://www.thomann.de/gb/line6_rxs_12.htm[/url]

That's the transmitter and reciever from a G50 (the transmitter works with G90 too) for about £50 cheaper than they're available for together, would they be missing something or is it the good deal that it actually looks like?

Since most of the ones that pop up on the for sale forum seem to be cheaper ones, I'm keeping my eye open for new wirelesses too, but I don't know what's worth looking into. I'm really loving my gear at the moment so it's very important to me that my tone is changed as little as possible, I have some money left over from buying other stuff recently that I can put into this to make sure I get something that's good, but I'd rather spend as little as possible. With that in mind, I'm open to suggestions on other systems. :)

To be honest Thom, the Relay systems are becoming something of a standard for wireless systems. If anything, I've found that it can improve tone, assuming of course you aren't using cheap, crappy cables. They really are worth the money, and for someone like yourself, using a rack, I'd try and scrape the cash for a G90, which is the top of the line rackmount version.

[quote name='Jarhead' post='1205864' date='Apr 20 2011, 02:18 PM']To be honest Thom, the Relay systems are becoming something of a standard for wireless systems. If anything, I've found that it can improve tone, assuming of course you aren't using cheap, crappy cables. They really are worth the money, and for someone like yourself, using a rack, I'd try and scrape the cash for a G90, which is the top of the line rackmount version.[/quote]

If I got another rack unit, I'd have to upgrade from my 4u to a 6u which seems a bit pointless when I'm not far enough away from my rig at any point to warrant the extra range (I'm fully cabled at the moment and rarely feel like I'm cramped in, it's more about tying people up as we move around and being scared of stepping on cables as they drag around the floor). As far as I can tell there's no real extra advantage to using the G90 apart from the range and it being rack mountable. Plus with the new mini rig, I won't be using a rack for every gig, so I'd rather keep it separate (not that I'd avoid a rack if there was a valid reason for it, but it's definitely not a reason to upgrade to the next model up). :)

I've got the G30 and have used it up to 50 yards away without any problems.

It's a fantastic piece of kit, and I just wished I had got one sooner.

It doesn't mess up your sound at all, and I would say it actually improves it. IMO

I'm in the middle of a UK tour at the moment so I can't really get anywhere to do anything and won't be in for anything getting delivered, so with the bank holiday weekend, it looks like this is gonna have to a few weeks, definitely looking at going for the g50.

I don't know anyone else that wants one to see if I can get a multi-buy deal, good idea though. :)

• 3 weeks later...

like i said when you came round mate, i have the g90 (for bass, obviously) my brother has the g50 for guitar and neither of us has had a problem after a year of ownership, i keep mine racked up, and even use it at practice stood right next to it!

yes it does improve the tone - certainly from the 30' leads i was using!