Why become a member? ×

Unique Single Cut Headless 4 Stringer

yorks5stringer

I'm selling the above Bass that I made a couple of years ago. It's ideal as a back-up as it is so small.

History

I bought a broken Hohner B2 , reglued it and cut out the central core. To this I added mahogany wings.

I then threw out the stock pickups and electronics and put in a Seymour Duncan Steve Bailey fretless 2 band active circuit with push-pull boost and routed out for 2 Jazz Bass pickups.

The existing tuners and bridge were refurbished and a new saddle and tuner purchased.

I then had it sprayed black , added a carbon fibre foil scratchplate and control plate cover and new strap locks.

Used it as a backup Bass but now I have an EUB it is redundant.

It fell on its front and broke a push-pull pot, this was replaced but in resoldering it I got some solder on the paintwork near the rear control cavity. This is shown on one of the photos as is a slight crack at the rear of the single cut. Both are cosmetic, as is the way the paint has settled into the joints on the back of the guitar.

Nevertheless this is a unique Bass that looks quite similar to a Status Streamline, and with the active circuitry sounds good as well.

[attachment=77765:S5000424.JPG]
[attachment=77764:S5000423.JPG]
[attachment=77767:S5000496.JPG]
[attachment=77766:S5000494.JPG]
[attachment=77768:S5000710.jpg]
[attachment=77769:S5000711.jpg]

Edited by yorks5stringer

• 2 weeks later...