Why become a member? ×

Hi From Huddersfield

DaveMal

Hi, i'm firstly a player of the 6 strings of 16 years... (don't hate me) but i have also taken up bass more recently.. i have to admit i initially thought.. 4 strings... chugging along with the rhythm, easy... but i've come to be more interested in the bass.. attempting to learn more techniques, learning about bass rigs. I still have a fair few bass noob questions to band around these boards as i learn.

Currently my setup consists of a 1998/99 fender P bass (MIM) and a Sansamp bass driver which i run into some speakers i use as a monitor. Im currently looking at expanding my setup either with pedals, a pod xt or a rack setup...

so i will either want to be trading my sansamp in for a bass pod xt or some rack amp gear... or a few pedals.. a lot to consider.

I like the idea of a bass rack as i run a guitar rack setup with a nice rack head and a g-major which i am very happy with.. but it would be a slow process saving up for the gear.

David.

Greetings.

I initially read that as you'd been playing 6-string bass for 16 years, which I find a lot more unsavoury than playing guitar (a C string indeed!), but then I realised what you meant :)
And we all need guitarists afterall - rather fond of mine, saves me having to work out what to do with all those high notes.

But alas I digress... enjoy the forums :)

oh GAS has already started.. im currently in the process of trading my sansamp for an ashdown mag 210 combo as i need an amp.. i think the sansamp is a nicer bit of kit.. but i need something for an upcoming gig.

but as im a Huddersfield boy.. i will of course be aiming ultimately for a Matamp GT200