Why become a member? ×

G&Ls

dub_junkie

apologies for the poor quality of the pics.my camera went back to its proper owner :) so these are off my Nokia

SB-2 emerald blue,birdseye maple/ebony neck,ex BB2000. passive growl and an amazing neck.

ASAT bass,metallic gold with front edge binding,ex Geddy's Nose. this bass is just too cool.

L-1500 clear forest green,ex stingrayfan. heaviest of the lot but nicely different tone to the two with dual MFD's.

Tribute L-2000 Korean model,ex a fella from Paisley called Gerry. maple board and great build quality for silly money tells me its a keeper

[quote name='BB2000' post='137315' date='Feb 9 2008, 09:09 PM']Nice collection. I never noticed before that the ASAT's have a thinner headstock - I guess this is an attempt to reduce neck dive?[/quote]

Hi John, yes it is and I like the aesthetics of it...more in keeping with the Telecaster headstock too

[quote name='kdphysio' post='137320' date='Feb 9 2008, 09:14 PM']That's just plain greedy!!! :huh:[/quote]

The SB-2 above and post xmas/newrdie blues are to blame for my '08 G&L gluttony.I was happy with just my Asat all last year then SB-2 GAS started eating away at me and other guitars started being sold etc....

[quote name='silverfoxnik' post='137370' date='Feb 9 2008, 11:07 PM']The SB-2 looks amazing - does it sound as good as it looks??[/quote]

sure does,with this one having a tone control it can be very mellow or very aggressive.always pretty phat sounding wherever the tone's set. and its got the tightest popping bridge pup sound..I dont think its meant to be solo'd more as a blend for the split P .. I dont have a vol for this pup/continous pan on this bass (3 way switch) but heck,I like it on its own anyway

[quote name='nig' post='137379' date='Feb 9 2008, 11:25 PM']Sweet basses, I like the slimmer headstocks, the SB-2 has the p bass killer pup too, more growl than the fender, the GAS has started I see... ;)[/quote]

nig,yes its got me,these are beautiful basses,so much vibe about them.not everyone's cup of char but definetely mine. :)

[quote name='nig' post='137379' date='Feb 9 2008, 11:25 PM']Sweet basses, I like the slimmer headstocks, the SB-2 has the p bass killer pup too, more growl than the fender, the GAS has started I see... :huh:[/quote]
Yep - I've always had the GAS for a G&L, Nig and these marvelous examples aren't helping much! :)

Still as suffering goes, it could be worse....