Why become a member? ×

David Eden 2x10 DT Cab SOLD!!!

For sale my 2 x 10 Bass Cab....

Now before everyone goes bananas over this bargain (its still a bargain but i add the caveat!!!)

I bought this on a whim from a guy 'darn sarf' when i was working there 2.5 years ago and thought hmmm bargain!!

NOTE 1: Its not got the original David Eden Speakers in .... they have been replaced by Celestions (why ..who knows??? I didnt and to be fair it sounds awesome in any case!) but there are purists who will

The cab is in very good condition but is really gathering dust and filling up the floor in our house as i di from my trace elliot combo into the pa now...

Its 2x10 as stated above, hi freq horn(adjustable!), 250 Watts into 8 ohms... and will be rocking long after i am.

Am looking for circa £150.00 for a good home but make me an offer ..... will try and add some pictures later this evening...

Based in greater manchester....

Edited by Piggery Bandana

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A surprising bump!!

Its not snake oil and it aint a whisper or a dream

its a box made of wood covered in some kinda cloth, with a front grille and two big arsed (10" at any rate) speakers that will make sweet sounds if you can actually make a tune on yer bass..... Not selling a sound city cab from 1842....

Its a pro level piece of equipment that some buffoon has de-speced slightly! and i mean slightly

So roll up roll up and grab yerself a bargain.......little timmy bandana needs a new shoe.....his other leg is wooden so i only need the one (mind you it does require a stack heel hence £149.99) :)

[quote name='Monckyman' post='1258388' date='Jun 6 2011, 02:10 PM']Here friend, have a better pic bump on me..

PostMortemed.
(Do I get a discount for the much improved Hi res pic?)
:)[/quote]

Many thanks for the photographic assistance.......

hmmm Discount for the photo work.... lets see we are sat at £ 149.98 or so......... Orthapeadic stack heeled Shoes for Monopeds cost £132.98..... tell ya what ill split the change with you!

Hows that need to cover the shoes cost cos he goes through em at a rate of knots what with his tapdancing to slipknot hobby!

:))

Pm'd

[quote name='Piggery Bandana' post='1258436' date='Jun 6 2011, 02:57 PM']Many thanks for the photographic assistance.......

hmmm Discount for the photo work.... lets see we are sat at £ 149.98 or so......... Orthapeadic stack heeled Shoes for Monopeds cost £132.98..... tell ya what ill split the change with you!

Hows that need to cover the shoes cost cos he goes through em at a rate of knots what with his tapdancing to slipknot hobby!

:))[/quote]

[quote name='Monckyman' post='1258452' date='Jun 6 2011, 03:11 PM']But surely, a monoped only needs half shodding?
PMd[/quote]

I know that is for the one .... put orthopaedic and stack heeled intro the equation and the price rockets.........

[i][font="Impact"]You know what this started as a harmless little tag line ...... now im having to create, justify and maintain a whole back story here!!!! alright i need it to fund my excessive toilet duck inhalation habit ... satisfied ???? You people want the moon on a stick !! [/font[/i]]:)

If PM'd implies Private Messages - aint got any yet!

If its summat offensive ..... well yeah ok fair enough i guess....

IMPORTANT UPDATE : Following an exhaustive cross examination from someone who knows a hellova lot more than me and the sorta questioning that had me almost admitting i was on the grassy knoll dressed in a Morris man outfit brandishing a clowns gun with a flag reading bang coming out of the end of it..........

The Celestions are 2 No BL10-150's which means its rated at 300 watts not 250 watts .... I bloody well give up!!! i really do!

Does that mean I can have it for free then? :)

Seriously though folks the last one of these that went on Ebay sold for £200 and that didn't include the extra 50w and it was pickup only so it would've probably gone for more had postage been offered.

So to recap - 300w @ 8 ohms, celestion 150w speakers (I'm pretty sure that these are same ones that Trace used to use in their 2x10"s) delivered for much cheapness

Edited by Delberthot

[quote name='Monckyman' post='1258658' date='Jun 6 2011, 05:31 PM']That means he really wants to sell it to me.
He just isn`t convinced of it yet.. :)
Yes, I thought` I`d PMd but hadn`t..>bit fik sometimes.
Sent another PM
:)[/quote]

Theres a man who really wants a wooden box full of dreams and whispers :lol:)

SOLD !!!! To that man....

Met up face to face .... decent bloke .... knows his stuff ..... so it was a piece of cake for him to take the cab and 50 quid off me for removal fees, hahaha...

I do prefer this face to face stuff you meet Decent folk generally .... Now its off to "stackerboots for monopeds" to spend the money... (they have a 'back room' where i can score some crack!) hahaha

Ta mark, nice chatting to you!
Nice multi-tasking, selling a cab, chatting and baby minding!
So, I hurtled back to inner manchester with my prize and chucked my basses in the van and off to rehearsals I went.
I stuck the Eden on top of my 410 Ashdown but just plugged the Eden into the ABM amp.
Turned it on, turned it up....
Lovely creamy goodness with a suprising amount of top end tingle!
I played with the Horn output pot and the EQ a little on my amp but really, it was all there out of the box.
A direct comparison with the ashdown 410 put both equal to my ears for decibels, but the Eden was much tighter, more snap, more low mids, more presence.
So I did the rest of the rehearsal with it on its own and actually ended up turning my amp down below my usual levels.
All in all I`m very chuffed, thanks Mark.
MM

Edited by Monckyman