Why become a member? ×

Arwid

Arwid

Aah, that Jazz has been with me as long as I've been playing, it has had every kind of pick ups in it, but I really liked it when it had the cream coloured DiMarzios in it.. wonderful soft and dark bridge pickup sound and a neck pick up that sounded really good.
I don't like those quarter pounders that much, they do have too much of "wrong" (for me) mids built in, but wonderful soft bass may I add!!
I'll have that bass as long as live, it's not even close to a perfect bass but every time I see it I know that we'll travel together

[quote name='Arwid' post='136804' date='Feb 8 2008, 07:45 PM']These are my main basses:

maybe you've seen them before? ..and the new (for me) 5 string

A Wonderful bass, that I first thought wasn't any good. Damn that bass have a lot of balls in it![/quote]
What didn't you like about the Wal to begin with? It's gorgeous! I'd love to have a Wal. I was playing some jazz (really badly) on Wed night and one of the saxophonists there is also a bassist. He has 2 basses, both Wals, one fretted and one fretless. He honestly had no idea how much they are worth now - he bought them about 15/20 years ago from a shop...

Can I have yours? :)

[quote name='Merton' post='137086' date='Feb 9 2008, 03:25 PM']What didn't you like about the Wal to begin with? It's gorgeous! I'd love to have a Wal. I was playing some jazz (really badly) on Wed night and one of the saxophonists there is also a bassist. He has 2 basses, both Wals, one fretted and one fretless. He honestly had no idea how much they are worth now - he bought them about 15/20 years ago from a shop...

Can I have yours? :)[/quote]

I didn't like that tight string spacing and it was very easy to dial stupid sounds out of it before I learned what to do with the controls. What amazes me the most now, is its bass response. I don't know how they've managed to do that, it's built like any bass I know, but it has a lot of low end. A lot.