Why become a member? ×

Berg ae series shelved..

JMT3781

[quote name='Musicman20' post='1192191' date='Apr 7 2011, 08:05 PM']....Please dont dismiss other views just because you might not agree....[/quote]
The view that Bergantino just uses "bits in a box" is one that can be disagreed with and also dismissed.

Edited by chris_b

[quote name='Toasted' post='1192789' date='Apr 8 2011, 12:32 PM']Stevie is becoming my new favourite. Basic trolling done brilliantly and non-argumentatively.[/quote]
You are too kind, sir :)
I certainly think that anyone who puts forward a strong opinion ought to be able to back it up.
But really, it was just a straightforward question. Bergantino is obviously doing something right judging from the company's reputation amongst players.

[quote name='stevie' post='1192796' date='Apr 8 2011, 12:40 PM']....I certainly think that anyone who puts forward a strong opinion ought to be able to back it up....[/quote]
Not a strong opinion at all.

The dismissive "bits in a box" comment can be disregarded because Bergantino are known as a high end, high quality cab manufacturer. Doesn't really need explaining, does it?

Hate speaker / cab related threads when they turn like this. I get the impression of 'guarding MY gear' and not allowing anything else to be said. I'm not stupid, I wasn't even aiming the '4 speakers in a box' at any manufacturer directly. It has been assumed by those defending said Berg cabs that I was attacking their purchase.

Please be friendly, non-dismissive and considerate to other forum members. I do not have the time to read every spec and delve into speaker design, but I'm pretty sure it would not be beyond my capability, so please avoid patronising comments. Otherwise, it makes this place unfriendly. If you want to 'argue' with me, do it correctly or not at all.

[quote name='Musicman20' post='1193069' date='Apr 8 2011, 04:58 PM']Please be friendly, non-dismissive and considerate to other forum members.[/quote]

I've always liked the word "dismissive" because you can't use it without being dismissive yourself.

Bergantino cabs ARE just bits in a box! The concept pretty much describes how any conventional speaker cab works, right up to some incredibly expensive and wonderful-sounding studio monitors.

I expect Bergantinos do use some relatively expensive bits and they are probably combined in rather more careful fashion than a lot of bass cab manufacturers, but all the same you probably pay more because it's a small company making an upmarket product.

I wasnt attacking begantino. I have no reason to. Yes, very well engineered. Other factors annoy me but it gets too in depth and shows how I research the pricing of the market between brands in the USA, (eg most high end cabs similar prices) and Europe (some cabs stay at a high yet acceptable price, some sky rocket for no apparent reason).

:)

Edited by Musicman20

+1 to the 'Bits in a box' arguement.

The fact is, it is not (too) difficult to make a decent cab!

All the info is on the net, and with a few basic tools and a little skill/patience most of us could come up with something better than most of the commercially available cabs.

There is no 'magic' involved. :)

[quote name='Mr.T' post='1193654' date='Apr 9 2011, 11:30 AM']+1 to the 'Bits in a box' arguement.

The fact is, it is not (too) difficult to make a decent cab!

All the info is on the net, and with a few basic tools and a little skill/patience most of us could come up with something better than most of the commercially available cabs.

There is no 'magic' involved. :)[/quote]

Go on then.

[quote name='Musicman20' post='1193422' date='Apr 8 2011, 11:53 PM']I wasnt attacking begantino. I have no reason to. Yes, very well engineered. Other factors annoy me but it gets too in depth and shows how I research the pricing of the market between brands in the USA, (eg most high end cabs similar prices) and Europe (some cabs stay at a high yet acceptable price, some sky rocket for no apparent reason).

:)[/quote]

Price doesn't come into it when I buy gear. It's obviously the main factor for you.

Price is always something you have to consider. Whether you earn a very high salary or minimum wage, why pay over the odds?

I'm not at all bothered about paying for something great, it's when (and this applies to many things, like the new Fender prices) those prices are vastly inflated and you lose a huge chunk when you sell on.

Even when I go further up in my career, I'll always be careful with pricing.