Why become a member? ×

HELP on Posting Basses abroad

Heartbreaker

[quote name='Heartbreaker' post='1186326' date='Apr 2 2011, 11:56 PM']I need help to find a good not expensive postal service to post my bass to Holland from the UK, any help well apreciated, cheers, Rob.[/quote]
Try Interparcel's website. Once you put in the basic info it will give you several service options and prices (hover over each with mouse and it tells you details). I used this to send to Finland and Italy

Interparcel are good, as are Parcel2go - just don`t choose the Parcelforce option, as apparently for musical instruments their upper insurance limit is £200. Even though they will allow you to buy insurance for higher levels than this, should the item get lost/damaged, they won`t pay. This from other info I`ve read on here, btw, not from personal experience. My personal experience with Parcelforce was them taking 11 days to delver a 48hour item.

Parcel2go limit insurance for musical instruments to £1000.

It's well hidden in their small print, but it is true as I recently 'discussed' it with them.

FWIW Int. Parcelforce have never let me down and they pick up from you.

Last courier I used was to Germany about a week a go. I used DHL and they were picking up in minutes of booking, then delivered ahead of schedule. Not cheap, mind, but that bass was a highly valuable one, so I didn't mind the cost.

Good luck with your shipping.

PS. Sometimes it's cheaper to book a return trip on a car ferry and have a wee break at the same time!

I used FedEx to send a bass to France recently and they were really efficient. I paid for the three day service, which was an OK price but the bass was an expensive one and I wanted it fully insured, and the bass arrived by 9am the following day.