Why become a member? ×

Recycled card CD cases

theosd

we wanted our album artwork/packaging to be printed on that earthy/brown/recycled card stuff but it worked out like twice the price of a regular jewel case + gloss paper booklet... our label wouldn't put up the money... a real shame - it would have looked sweet. sorry, can't offer any hard info or advice - our label and design guy sorted it all out without our input... i'll e-mail ahead and see if i can get some more info for you... maybe you'll have better luck :)

I was wondering what the benefit of eco-friendly CD cases would be, given the plastic and resin in the disc itself.

Out of curiosity, I looked around online for info on how harmful CDs are to the environment. I didn't find a great deal -- but there are a couple of places selling paper cases, including this one in the States.

[url="http://www.megalodon.com/Eco-Friendly-tray-pks.html"]Megalodon[/url]

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Mark

[quote name='misrule' post='134936' date='Feb 6 2008, 12:25 PM']I was wondering what the benefit of eco-friendly CD cases would be, given the plastic and resin in the disc itself.

Out of curiosity, I looked around online for info on how harmful CDs are to the environment. I didn't find a great deal -- but there are a couple of places selling paper cases, including this one in the States.

[url="http://www.megalodon.com/Eco-Friendly-tray-pks.html"]Megalodon[/url]

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Mark[/quote]

We just really like the look of them, and if we can help the environment as well, well it seems like a good idea!

• 5 years later...

I've had stuff screen printed before. As one poster suggested you could get some blank ones and then see if you can find somebody to do it locally. My neighbor used to work for a not-for profit art studio where they had a screen press and you could get stuff done fairly cheaply, and up here there are a couple of community print shops. Art/design students might have access to print stuff too?

Or if you want to purchase them and have them printed places like printing.com do all sorts of stuff?