Why become a member? ×

help and advice on selling a Warwick Corvette $$

sammy-bikes

hi, i have just created this account and i have decided it is time for me to sell my warwick bass, i won this guitar from play music magazine back in 2006, its in good condition and i know they retail at around 1200, i played it for around 2 years (11-13years old) so i was young and naive and didnt appreciate what i had, basically i was looking for a bit of information; what its worth now, where to sell etc so i dont get mugged off!
and it wouldnt let me create a classified add as i am a new member!
here is the bass:
[url="http://www.warwickbass.com/modules/produkte/produkt.php?katID=22016&cl=EN"]http://www.warwickbass.com/modules/produkt...22016&cl=EN[/url] click the link, it takes you to mine

in nirvana black

help appreciated!
thanks
sam

TBH mate it'll be worth more than you paid for it (£0) but a lot less than you'd probably hoped for! :)

That's the pain of being a Warwick owner at present; I'd advise advertising it in Europe either on ebay or via the Warwick forum. As for price either do a search of completed listings on ebay or a search of sales of similar instruments on BC (and there have been a few identical instruments sold on here).

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=129026"]Corvette $$[/url]

assume 4 string, last one on here offers around £450. As Kev says lunatic money (I have a 5 string $$, which I love) but the 2nd hand market is particularly rough on Warwicks.

[quote name='sammy-bikes' post='1180241' date='Mar 28 2011, 11:10 PM']thanks, im watching a few on ebay to see how they turn out, why is the market so bad for second hand warwicks then? :) is it worth hanging on for a while longer or will it continue losing value?[/quote]
Well, it's been bad for a while now, but it might pick up if they become trendy again. I wouldn't bet on it, though. At least not for a bit.

[quote name='sammy-bikes' post='1180241' date='Mar 28 2011, 11:10 PM']thanks, im watching a few on ebay to see how they turn out, why is the market so bad for second hand warwicks then? :) is it worth hanging on for a while longer or will it continue losing value?[/quote]
Hmmm, difficult to say. Will be interesting to see if the middle east Warwick range that is beginning to take over their production will drive the german 'wick values up...