Why become a member? ×

Car Boot Sale Find

kingofthestuntmen

[quote name='danny-79' post='1181235' date='Mar 29 2011, 07:39 PM']Vesta Curry's !! Nom !!!! the Chow Main one was my fave , with the crispy noodles NOM NOM NOM lol :)

Anyways ...... £25 for a P copy of any description is a good find ! So nice score ![/quote]

oh yeah, what were those noodles made of? and did you really have to deep-fry them? My favourite was the risotto that looked like it had bits of dog food in it!

Thats a sweet bass for £25 BTW!

[quote name='4-string-thing' post='1181291' date='Mar 29 2011, 08:09 PM']oh yeah, what were those noodles made of? and did you really have to deep-fry them? My favourite was the risotto that looked like it had bits of dog food in it!

Thats a sweet bass for £25 BTW![/quote]

:) Yeah you had to fry them , shallow fry did the job, seeing as it was meant as a quick snack for one, ended up using up every pan in the kitchen to make it :)

Without hijacking the thread talking about food, no matter what the bass is made from £25 cant go wrong ! enjoy !!

(could you buying this bass start Vesta curry/chow revival, Ive just eaten an getting the munch again now lol)

My first bass was the Stage Series Jazz, still got it, though the PUps are replaced with Schallers. I also have an exact copy of this one but it's in pieces whilst I find the time to do something with it. I have a decent solid wood body from a (70s?) Kay P copy which I am hoping to attach tot eh Vester's neck (the Kay's neck is more like a banana) but the pair of them have been disassembled for nigh on 3 years now.....

Not a bad find for £25, even with the pylwood body! A decent set up (and poss a swap of the PUps and pots) and you have a decent sounding and playing bass for not much :)