Why become a member? ×

Hello there from Nottingham

Moody

Hello there from Nottingham, my Bass Tutor pointed me in the direction of the great Basschat, so as they say, here I am! :huh:

I've been learning Bass since October last year, having moved over to the Deep Side after a debatable year learning the 6 string. Something just didn’t quite…connect. I’ve not looked back since picking up the Bass – studying was always an issue with the Guitar, however with the Bass, I barely put the thing down.

So gear…. I play left handed and I was fortunate to pick up a Lefty Fender (Mexican) Jazz Bass for a reasonable £150 or so off of eBay, it plays really nice, and was hardly used by the previous owner – no scratches! Mrs M bought me a funky Fender Rumble 25 for my {cough} 30th {cough}.

I work way during the week, so I’ve a StealthPlug that I use as well.

I’ve likened the Bass to raising children – get as much info as possible then take the bits that work for you (?)!!! :) I suppose major problems at the minute are: timing, timing and timing, trying to run before I can walk, oh, and timing.

Looking forward to contributing to what seems an awesome forum!

John

Hi John

Seems to a few of us gathering around the area, we may even make an East Midlands bash before long.

I got the Rumble 60, I am not one for all the effects and cables going everywhere, I like to just plug in (fender to fender) and play - works for me.

Best of Luck

Steve

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

[quote name='thomas' post='144631' date='Feb 21 2008, 07:49 PM']I'm also a lefty in Nottingham, can anyone tell me of any bass tutors round here, I cant find any in the tutor forum.[/quote]

Thomas, sorry for the delay, just sent you a PM.

Also, yeah, lets get a Notts meet together. OK, venue?

Edited by Moody