Why become a member? ×

Squier CV 50's P in butterscotch blonde?

dave_bass5

• 2 years later...

I'm gona do a huge bump!

Anyone had much experience with the Squier 50s' P-Bass since this topic? How has the pine wood held up? Have you swapped the pups for something a bit stronger?

Seriously considering swapping my SUB Ray4 for one, gona have a play on Tuesday...

Tony.

[quote name='SignsOfDelirium_bassist' timestamp='1302184174' post='1191781']
Any know if the old bridge covers will fit over the highmass bridges? If I got one of these I'd need to fit covers too it!
[/quote]

They do although I googled it and after much hunting was told they didn't. I can officially reveal there are people out there talking nonsense about bass! :o (not on Basschat... well not about this at least ;) )

[quote name='antnee' timestamp='1381493159' post='2239807']
I'm gona do a huge bump!

Anyone had much experience with the Squier 50s' P-Bass since this topic? How has the pine wood held up? Have you swapped the pups for something a bit stronger?

Seriously considering swapping my SUB Ray4 for one, gona have a play on Tuesday...

Tony.
[/quote]

Yes, I have one and love it. Again a lot of nonsense is said about pine. I have a pine tele that has been running for years with no issues. I was going to mod mine but it turns out the only changes needed were cosmetic - I got the Bassdoc to do a white pickguard, added ashtrays and a thumb rest. Oh & strung it with flats. The pickup was a certainty to go UNTIL I actually got the bass and plugged it in! Those Duncan designed pickups are amazing - saved me a fortune!

[attachment=145831:West Berkshire-20130905-01706.jpg]

Loving your relic'd 50s P-Bass Chap. Looks stunning, I was considering ash trays, mainly because I saw fenders custom job, would probably just go for the bridge cover, personally.

I had assumed the pine wood hearsay was probably nonsense, just didn't have any recent confirmation.

Thanks Buritto!