Why become a member? ×

Cheap Chinese Double Bass SOLD

As i now have another Double bass my old one is for sale, it looks the same as the ones gear4music sell with the solid top, mine is really easy to play as the bloke i bought it from (a basschater) had fitted a new bridge and the action is low (g-4mm, d-5mm, a-6mm, e-8mm), have been using it on gigs and it has got the usual wear on the edges to the varnish, it did get knocked once in the car and there is a crack on one of the upper bouts about 3 inch long, i worked some pva glue into it and its never been a problem and is solid, i got it from a basschatter for £150 so will pass it on to someone for the same price, if no interest will be going on ebay, cheers, Jez

Edited by Jezyorkshire

My old girl, on which I practiced making bridges - took 2 goes to get that one right! :)

Here's an old pic to help you along Jez.
[attachment=75789:IMGP1459.JPG]

Best of luck with the sale, glad to hear you stuck to the upright stuff.

J

Just 2 put everyone in the picture as i have had quite a few messages, this is a 3/4 size, i very much doubt you will find a used one this cheap, £150 will buy you a good set of strings, this one plays real easy for a double bass so if your lookin to learn at this price you should be runnin to get it like what i did, i drove all the way to ipswich! i am in pontefract , west yorkshire and just come with cash only, you can phone me on 01977 780818 or mobile 07760444339

• 1 month later...

Sadly due to an unforeseen purchase of 2 new basses and my wife finding out, I'm going to be moving this DB on :)

It's a great bass for the money and a perfect starter Double Bass.

It's just been fitted with a decent pair of D'Addario strings and will come with a copy of a very good instructional DVD:

[url="http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00024OR4Y/ref=oss_product"]http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00024O...ref=oss_product[/url]

Bescause of the new strings and DVD I'm looking for £230 and many apologies to Jez in reviving his original thread! I'll get round to creating my own soon :)

Edited by Old Horse Murphy