Why become a member? ×

headphone amp

jimmybass04

can anyone recommend the best piece of kit for our drummer to hear the click and mix with the music track.
we r using backing tracks and and im sending the click to the left side and all the music to the right . some one suggested the behringer mini amp 800 headphone amp so i want to know if theres anything else i could use. we r using a minidisc player to play the tracks. cheesrs in advance, jimmy.

How about a Behringer Xenyx 502 mixer, they're pretty good actually:

[url="http://www.dv247.com/studio-equipment/behringer-xenyx-502-premium-mixer--31558"][/url]

Although most places seem to be out of stock for some reason, but you'll get a good deal on eBay!

Edited by dannybuoy

If its just to amplify a signal maybe this will work. It doesn't have any mix function though so if you have music just on one side its probably not ideal.
Ive got one that i use with my PC and the quality is very good.
The FiiO is battery powered and could clip on to his shirt etc. The battery lasts for ages and its charged using USB from any PC/Mac/PS3 etc.

[url="http://www.play.com/Electronics/Electronics/4-/16164088/FiiO-E5-Portable-Headphone-Amplifier/Product.html?_%24ja=tsid:11518|cat:16164088|prd:16164088"]FiiO E5 headphone amp[/url]

Ive got a Behringer Xenyx 502 mixer and its very good, nice and cheap and would probably work perfectly.

Edited by dave_bass5