Why become a member? ×

Hi there

ern500evo

Been a memeber for a while but haven't got round to introducing myself. My names Lee, i'm 40 and from Bristol, been playing for over 20 years now. Started playing when two friends of mine started taking guitar lessons at a local youth club, i went along with the intention of learning guitar but when i got there was told they only had 2 guitars available. as i was about to leave the guitar tutor pointed to a beat up Precision copy in the corner and said "you can play that if you like" and i haven't looked back since! I've never taken any lessons and don't practice alone as much as i should! I was out gigging with a band long before i knew much theory, largely due to the fact that when i was learning to play i got far more enjoyment jamming along to Led Zeppelin, The Who and Cream than i did from sitting staring at a book of scales! Gear wise nowadays, i use a spector, i'm not sure what model it is, it was a present, it's a 4 string thru neck with EMG HZ's and cost about £550, I've had a hipshot D-tuner fitted to it and it just feels great to play. I've also got a 2005 USA Fender Precision in sunburst with a white scratchplate and maple neck, and which i've just realised after owning it for 6 years is absolutely identical to the Precision copy that i picked up all those years ago! Amp wise i use an Ashdown ABM500evo rackmount and an Ashdown 8x10, with an Ashdown James Lomenzo hyper drive pedal. I've also got a Boss GT6-B which i haven't actually got round to using live yet. Anyway thats enough about me, what's your story?

Hi Lee, welcome to Basschat :)

[quote name='ern500evo' post='1172261' date='Mar 22 2011, 04:17 PM']Anyway thats enough about me, what's your story?[/quote]
Nah, this is your thread! You can read about us lot on these very pages :) This one's about you, so enjoy your moment in the spotlight!

[quote name='Blademan_98' post='1172737' date='Mar 22 2011, 11:11 PM']Welcome on board!

Need to get some posts in to loose the noob status lol :)[/quote]

Nah mate that wont make any differance i've been here years & i still no nothing lol