Why become a member? ×

Hartke kilo

ern500evo

Has anyone got their hands on a Hartke kilo amp head yet, or even heard one in the flesh? I see some UK stores are advertising them but i was at the London bass guitar show recently and Hartke didn't even have one on their stand, which makes me wonder if the stores advertising them actually have any. The prices look really good, especially when you compare them to an SVT, Peavey VB3 or a Laney Nexus. Any thoughts?

I think they look great. I've been trying to buy one since I first saw them advertised 2 years ago. Nobody seems to know anything about them or even when they are being made. All this pent up GAS will lead to an explosion soon. :)

[quote name='ern500evo' post='1172239' date='Mar 22 2011, 03:58 PM']Has anyone got their hands on a Hartke kilo amp head yet, or even heard one in the flesh? I see some UK stores are advertising them but i was at the London bass guitar show recently and Hartke didn't even have one on their stand, which makes me wonder if the stores advertising them actually have any. The prices look really good, especially when you compare them to an SVT, Peavey VB3 or a Laney Nexus. Any thoughts?[/quote]

There's literally only the 'prototype(s)' out in the wild at the moment - One owned by Billy Sheehan. As I understand it, the units used at NAMM were ear marked for another show and thus couldn't be delivered to the LBGS. I'm just waiting on an update from my buds at Hartke UK for an update - but we should see some filtering through soon as they ahve gone in to production as far as I know.

Do I have an opinion on them? well, if they start by sounding as good as the LH1000 it's gonna be AWESOME! - especially as there are a number of extra features, such as the EQ, valve drive and a compressor, true stereo, dual mono or bridged operation. Prices are very good for the LH range, so I am sure the Kilo will drop in at a deal making price too!

I'm looking forward to getting my hands on one!

Looking at adverts for the Kilo - there was actually a v.1 front panel design that (obviously) never made it to the shops. I'm shocked to see internet outlets still advertising them for sale! You could actually order and pay for one - and then have to go to all the trouble of finding they are 'out of stock'... no, not out of stock - they don't exist!!

Old layout design advertised:

New layout not on sale yet:

[quote name='ern500evo' post='1172239' date='Mar 22 2011, 03:58 PM']Has anyone got their hands on a Hartke kilo amp head yet, or even heard one in the flesh? I see some UK stores are advertising them but i was at the London bass guitar show recently and Hartke didn't even have one on their stand, which makes me wonder if the stores advertising them actually have any. The prices look really good, especially when you compare them to an SVT, Peavey VB3 or a Laney Nexus. Any thoughts?[/quote]
I spoke to the guys on the Hartke stand at LBGS and they said the only one they've got had been shipped to frankfurt for the trade show there, hence it wasn't at the London show. I've spoken to a couple of the stores who are advertising them, one says they should have some by late May, the other store said they have no idea when they are going to have them in(which is pretty poor seeing as they will happily take your money for an order!!). As for price, the guys on the Hartke stand gave me a price list which shows an RRP of £799, but like they said, once people have stocks and are vying for your business a price of £699 is probably more realistic, which when you look at what you're getting is a pretty incredible price, especially when you put it alongside Peavey VB or a Laney Nexus. Just have to play the waiting game to actually go and hear one in the flesh!!