Why become a member? ×

Bass Effects - how many of you use them?

BottomE

If I had a fretless I'm sure I'd mess around with chorus, but I haven't so I don't. Normally I don't bother, although I have a Zoom B2.1u I mess around with sometimes. I haven't gigged it though. I can see fun possibilities with a decent looper though, now I'm thinking about it.

I don't use effects with the blues band or the ceilidh band (actually, I did use effects on one occasion with the ceilidh band, just for fun). I do with the other covers band, although I really need to spend a bit of time experimenting properly with the effects unit (Korg AX3000B) to get a few more sounds out of it. I've got a MIDI pickup on one of the basses but either there's something not quite right with it or the guitar to MIDI unit I'm using (Yamaha G50) isn't very good at bass (I suspect the latter).

[quote name='sk8' post='1175736' date='Mar 25 2011, 12:32 PM']one of mine is used to cover up for bad technique - my compressor[/quote]

Such a double edged sword for that though!

Any covering up of dynamic peculiarites it may give you (depending on settings) it will more than pay you back with by exposing every wrong note, fumble, string noise and cock up in more detail than without it.

IME compressors make you have to play better (and cleaner) all round, they certainly dont cover up bad playing!