Why become a member? ×

Status Stealth 6 string FS - SOLD

pluckedout

SOLD

------------
NOW DOWN TO £900
---------
Next up, my 6 string Status Stealth. Very sad to see it go, but just don't play it enough to do it justice. Utterly fantastic in every way- this is the Mark 1 version, which has a solid wood body core covered in a graphite shell; the whole bass (including neck) is moulded in one piece of graphite around this wood core. It's been finished in the optional green tint. It's also got the 3 way midrange switch which I think was optional.

There are some dents and scratches, and the front pickup is cracked and bruised in a number of places - however it works absolutely perfectly. Status can supply a new pickup or cover very easily but as it works perfectly I never bothered having it done. Please see the pics for full details and I can provide many more hires pics on request.

Plays and sounds incredible, classic Status piano sound at your fingertips. Very low action, frets in great condition too. Comes in a fitted reinforced gigbag - what we used to call a hard soft case when I worked in a guitar shop many years ago.

New, these are £2260 (plus an extra £80 for the green tint!). I'm looking for £900 ono plus postage which will be approx £30. I am in Salisbury but can meet the buyer anywhere along the M3 for diesel costs and am occasionally in Swindon and Nottingham too. I'm really looking for money here but will always be tempted by interesting trades - PM me with what you've got.

Edited by pluckedout

Thanks - I've not gigged this one at all (although the previous owner did...but he wasn't in Salisbury). I just tend to stick to 5 strings now.

[quote name='deaver' post='1168314' date='Mar 19 2011, 03:01 PM']Nice, not seen this one round the pubs of Salisbury[/quote]

Yes, I have to say that the green tint is my least favourite colour. I much prefered the natural graphite although the yellow tint looked good on necks. My old stealth 6 string was a natural graphite model. I loved the sound, but ultimately I found that I didn't get on with 6 strings enough to be my main bass. I sold the bass after about 4 months, replacing it with a Spector. If anyone wants further insight into these basses, please PM me.

I remember the Gallery had a 6 string Matrix 1 in the same colour for sale for £1000 for ages a while back, is this the same bass?

Hasn't been in the Gallery to my knowledge, I've had it for about a year but it's not a Matrix, it's a Stealth. I quite like the colour myself...

[quote name='Chris2112' post='1180319' date='Mar 29 2011, 12:43 AM']Yes, I have to say that the green tint is my least favourite colour. I much prefered the natural graphite although the yellow tint looked good on necks. My old stealth 6 string was a natural graphite model. I loved the sound, but ultimately I found that I didn't get on with 6 strings enough to be my main bass. I sold the bass after about 4 months, replacing it with a Spector. If anyone wants further insight into these basses, please PM me.

I remember the Gallery had a 6 string Matrix 1 in the same colour for sale for £1000 for ages a while back, is this the same bass?[/quote]

No probs - easily done. And back to the top it goes...

[quote name='Chris2112' post='1181744' date='Mar 30 2011, 12:26 AM']Yes pardon me, I did of course mean Stealth. I used to own a Matrix too, perhaps thats why I got the names mixed up.[/quote]

I was just having a bit of a ditty on the ACG there, playing along to "Starchild" by Level 42. It reminded me of my Stealth, because I learned that song on that bass. What a tone. I also recorded a few covers of tracks from Paul Simon's "Graceland" on it. I was never entirely happy with having to do it on a fretted bass although the results the Stealth gave were excellent. Status GAS again...

Well, I may be putting my fretless Status up for sale soon so you could get that and redo Graceland...

[quote name='Chris2112' post='1183760' date='Mar 31 2011, 07:34 PM']I was just having a bit of a ditty on the ACG there, playing along to "Starchild" by Level 42. It reminded me of my Stealth, because I learned that song on that bass. What a tone. I also recorded a few covers of tracks from Paul Simon's "Graceland" on it. I was never entirely happy with having to do it on a fretted bass although the results the Stealth gave were excellent. Status GAS again...[/quote]

It's a 4 string S1 Custom, figured walnut top, graphite neck and phenolic unlined fingerboard - also has an active/passive switch. Absolutely spotless all round; was a custom order for me from new. I can send some pics if you like - PM me your email address if so. It will break my heart to sell it but I need to raise some funds...

[quote name='Chris2112' post='1185225' date='Apr 1 2011, 08:21 PM']I've got money burning a hole in my pocket since I was planning on buying a bass which fell through...keep me posted![/quote]

No problem - it is in the "sweet spot" according to Rob but you can't argue with personal preference.

[quote name='Chris2112' post='1186004' date='Apr 2 2011, 05:53 PM']Thanks for sending those pics though, the bass looks brand new! Sadly I prefer my fretless basses with a bridge pickup![/quote]