Why become a member? ×

Thunderjazz?

Just a silly idea, brought on by seeing a Epi Tbird neck for sale on [url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/EPIPHONE-THUNDERBIRD-BASS-NECK-/270718822556?pt=UK_Guitar_Accessories&hash=item3f0819689c"]ebay[/url].

If a Tbird body with a jazz neck is a Fenderbird, what would a Jazz body with a Tbird neck be called?

And more to the point, would it work?

Edited by spinynorman

I had a Korean Epi Tbird and the neck was good, although I prefer precision necks to jazz anyway, so not everyone will agree.

So you have a jazz body with a funky chunky neck. Probably lose the neck dive because of the jazz body shape. Sort of like a poor man's Gibson Victory?

[quote name='spinynorman' post='1167080' date='Mar 18 2011, 01:39 PM']I had a Korean Epi Tbird and the neck was good, although I prefer precision necks to jazz anyway, so not everyone will agree.

So you have a jazz body with a funky chunky neck. Probably lose the neck dive because of the jazz body shape. Sort of like a poor man's Gibson Victory?[/quote]

A destitute pauper's Gibson Victory, perhaps :)

You'd have to add some wood to the neck pocket of whatever body you went with. These necks don't taper as much as Fender ones so are several mm narrower at the body end.

but yes, I had thought about doing something myself like that but went and bought an Epiphone les Paul Standard bass instead