Why become a member? ×

ESP LTD 406SM 6 string bass, spalted maple top, EMG pickups

ape

Well the car has cost me a bloody fortune getting it through its MOT so its time to let my 6 string bass go I think. I'm after 500 quid collected, it sounds even better than it looks and is brilliant to play, at the sec though I'm not in a band and only need the one bass, the newer version that's replaced it with exactly the same spec is 1k and mine is spotless, not a mark. It's got fantastic sound and plays brilliantly See spec and pics below :)

Spec is:

Neck-Thru-Body
35” Scale
Mahogany Body
Spalted Maple Top
5 Pc Maple/Walnut Neck
Rosewood Fingerboard
54mm Standard Nut
Thin U Neck Contour
24 XJ Frets
Black Hardware
Hipshot Tuners
Hipshot Bridge
EMG 45TW (:) / 45P6 (N) Active p.u. w/ EMG B64 3-Band Active EQ w/ Push-Pull Coil Tap on Volume (Bridge p.u.)
Finish: NS

[quote name='k-sad' post='1163797' date='Mar 15 2011, 10:14 PM']String spacing? any idea of the weight? how large is the neck?

Cheers, beautiful bass for the money..[/quote]

Very good questions lol, i shall try and get a better idea, I'm rubbish at easuring things so hopefully I'll find something online if not it'll be down to me lol, it's a lot of bass for the money, to be fair it's got a clearer sound than my warwick, but I'm quite attached to that.

[quote name='lyonk' post='1164650' date='Mar 16 2011, 05:11 PM']Take it it's only cash you're interested in, not trades?

Shame; great looking bass.[/quote]

It is mate, I need the cash unfortunately, if I was going to have 2 basses this one wouldn't be going as its fantastic.

[quote name='ape' post='1164806' date='Mar 16 2011, 07:02 PM']It is mate, I need the cash unfortunately, if I was going to have 2 basses this one wouldn't be going as its fantastic.[/quote]

Oh well, someone's gonna get a nice bass...

Good luck with the sale mate.

[quote name='lyonk' post='1164835' date='Mar 16 2011, 07:21 PM']Oh well, someone's gonna get a nice bass...

Good luck with the sale mate.[/quote]

Cheers mate, thought I would give it a bit of a bump. I'll sort out string spacing and weight etc at the weekend or during the week if I get time, if anyone needs to know in the mean time though and are properly interested I'll get the details for them sooner.

• 2 weeks later...

OK final price drop now as I need it to go if its going, final price drop to £400 absolutely no offers lower than that though, if it doesn't sell for that I'd rather keep it as it was an amazing bass for the first price I put it up for.