Why become a member? ×

Tuner questions

Truckstop

Hello all,

I've literally just noticed that my amp has a 'Tuner' input on it. This confuses me because surely you have to go guitar>tuner>amp?
How does that work?
It's annoying having my tuner taking up space on my pedal board, so it'd be handy to have it on a seperate loop on top of the amp or something if that's how it all works.
How would I go about rigging it up?

At the moment I have:

Guitar->tuner->boost->reverb->amp

Cheers

Alex

Just plug a cable between the tuner socket on the amp and the input on your tuner.
The tuner socket normally is still active when your amp is muted so you can silently tune up. If you've got a pedal tuner,I'd keep it on the floor. I'd only use the tuner jack if I was using a rack mount tuner or one of the plastic 'table top' ones.

I've got one of those on my Peavey - dead handy it is as well.
I made a short jack lead up so I can dangle the tuner in a convenient position around the front of the amp head.

Might vary from make to make, but on my amp I can use it regardless of whether the 'Mute' button is on or off.

Not having a tuner out socket, I use the 'send' of my effects loop for my tuner, a little Korg tabletop one that just sits on top of the amp. I have a pedal tuner as well, but the Korg is honestly more convenient - less cables snaking around the stage can only be a good thing :)

I just use a Boss TU15 and it goes from the tuner out on the back of the Trace. Much more convenient than having to unplug and plug in the bass and such, it just has a short green patch lead and it sits on top of the amp :) Bit of a pain when you're playing and forget to turn it off, such as when I did Sweet Charity last week. The trombonists response (who was sat in front of the amp) well at least you're fretless playing's in tune :)