Why become a member? ×

Oh what a night....two basses.

Raslee

Well its been a turbulent last couple of weeks, my radiator died on my Mazda Bongo, clutch went on the Volvo and everything else seemed to swallow my last pennies of late (Violin section please :lol: ). So i had to part with a bass to make financial amends -never a happy decision. After much agonising i ended up selling my 88 Stingray, but thankfully to the previous owner who is uber happy about this and tomorrow it is to be on its way to a beautiful reunion. This did make parting with such a beautiful bass easier, i must admit.

Anyway after the car repairs i was left to get myself a cheaper bass. Well tonight, just in fact, i scored a Jonas Hellborg Sounds of Sweden bass on the bay. My friend had a black one of these basses years ago and i was always blown away by it but he said they are very rare so i expected never to see one again, let alone win one on ebay - can't wait to get it.

Second score was here on the For Sale forum earlier, a Hohner Professional Fretless. I'm at my total budget but really happy of the outcomes after parting with the ray. I just hope my two new babies both live upto my expectations but for now i'm one happy bunny with expectation :) Every cloud has a silver lining :)

Edited by Rasta

[quote name='lettsguitars' post='1160982' date='Mar 13 2011, 08:31 PM']classic. you sell a bass to raise cash, and end up buying 2 more. quality.[/quote]
Haha yeah that will please the wife and her ideas of minimalism of basses :)

[quote name='paul_5' post='1160986' date='Mar 13 2011, 08:32 PM']Well done to you sir. If I may be allowed to whet your appetite even more; the Hohner pro. fretless is (certainly for that paltry sum) a great bass, as I used to have one. Mwah.[/quote]
Cool, cheers for that - Mwah

[quote name='Johnston' post='1161019' date='Mar 13 2011, 08:51 PM']Don't want to rub it in but my Mrs wants to increase the collection by two and has them picked out and all :P

Lucky man or what :) :) :lol:[/quote]
Haha that made me laugh :D