Why become a member? ×

Toolbox

citymariner

The guys in the band laugh at me as I bring a small flightcase full of tools to gigs.

I see it as the essentials; gaffer, screwdrivers, wire snips, wire stippers, torch, multimeter, batteries, 9v power supply, soldering iron, post-its, pens, pencils, permanent marker, plectrums, string cleaner, microfibre cloth. I even have a string winder, set of guitar strings, slide and drum key.

Nobody else brings anything other than a spare set of strings/ sticks.

Am I the only one who can imagine someone rolling a trolley/ dropping a cab/ trapping in a door a cable etc. and need to do a quick fix?

I will admit to being in the scouts :)

[quote name='citymariner' post='1150565' date='Mar 5 2011, 01:49 PM']Nobody else brings anything other than a spare set of strings/ sticks.[/quote]
They probably figure you'll have anything they might need. :)

My first thought was that your list might be a bit OTT but then I thought about what I take to a gig and realised it might be about right (except the soldering iron):

[i]I see it as the essentials; gaffer, screwdrivers [/i](one of those moulded-case sets with a million different tips) [i], wire snips, wire stippers, torch, [s]multimeter[/s], batteries, [s]9v power supply[/s], [s]soldering iron[/s], post-its, pens, pencils, permanent marker, plectrums, string cleaner, microfibre cloth. [s]I even have a string winder[/s], set of [s]guitar[/s] bass strings, [s]slide and drum key[/s].[/i] spare cables, fuses, insulating tape, reporter's notepad, cable tester, Victorinox cybertool, ty-raps,

[quote name='flyfisher' post='1150600' date='Mar 5 2011, 02:45 PM']They probably figure you'll have anything they might need. :)

My first thought was that your list might be a bit OTT but then I thought about what I take to a gig and realised it might be about right (except the soldering iron):

[i]I see it as the essentials; gaffer, screwdrivers [/i](one of those moulded-case sets with a million different tips) [i], wire snips, wire stippers, torch, [s]multimeter[/s], batteries, [s]9v power supply[/s], [s]soldering iron[/s], post-its, pens, pencils, permanent marker, plectrums, string cleaner, microfibre cloth. [s]I even have a string winder[/s], set of [s]guitar[/s] bass strings, [s]slide and drum key[/s].[/i] spare cables, fuses, insulating tape, reporter's notepad, cable tester, Victorinox cybertool, ty-raps,[/quote]

Power supply - we all run effect boards and there was space.
Soldering iron - just in case a lead/ guitar ends up with a dodgy connection. Our guitar player has some pretty old guitars.

Forgot the insulation tape and masking tape (so you can work out what belongs to you - people sometimes feel the stage is a an equipment giveaway area!)

Fuses is a good one as is tie-wraps - i'll pop some in!

Ditched the soldering iron, solar panel battery charger, wand to silence guitarist, ford transit fuel pump and blow up groupie.

[attachment=73962:IMG_0391.jpg]

Edited by citymariner

I have a Guitool with all the allen keys, string cutters etc. I also have a towel, a stand, postcards (with song prompts written on them), spare leads, spare strings, picks (not that I use them) and a capo (ditto - makes more sense if you know Adam from my band!)