Why become a member? ×

Fender PBass 70's reissue

orangepeelneil

[size=4]NOW SOLD[/size][b][/b]
Hi everyone,

Decided to sell my "keeper", A MIJ C Series Precision (C02****) in Natural and maple as I'm just not playing it and I have my eye on something else. I already have another bashed around MIJ Fender I tend to gig with. I sourced and imported this directly from Japan (maybe Ishibashi Ubox, can't remember) about two years ago. The C series (1985-1986) makes it a 25 year old instrument.
I think it is a first generation of the PB-70 reissue series as it has the 70's Fender TV script decal. There is also a little sticker on the head stock denoting "70".

-The bass is generally a good condition as you can see from the photos. A really good example, the body looks like some kind of Ash (Sen ash?). It is all original, and has no modifications or alterations.

The bass plays well with a nice low action and intonation and there is no fretbuzz, it's got some fairly new strings.

There is some fretwear, which is consistent with age, but it seems the previous owner has really looked after it.

There are some dings and a tiny nick on the headstock, but other than that I can't find any flaws with the bass, other than light scratches on the scratchplate and pickup covers. The body and neck are very good condition.

The original pickups and electronics do their job without problems and I've purposely kept this bass all original. (Personally I've have always upgraded my MIJ/CIJ pickups and electronics as I feel there are better alternatives these days compared to the originals.)

Nut Width =42mm/1.65",

Don't know about the weight, I have no scales- It doesn't feel too heavy to me, but it's not superlight either.

It comes with an old, but fully functional hard case( which I’ll post it in)
There seem to have been a few of these MIJ fenders on Basschat recently

Was thinking of [size=3]£475[/size] Delivered for this bass, (well I'll start from there), or collection from Bristol.

Cheers Neil

Edited by orangepeelneil

• 2 months later...