Why become a member? ×

New (pre) amp day!

rmshaw37

Well, it's been a couple of years coming but I finally have the sansamp RBI to go with my RPM!!

I've got to say though, as a stand alone pre, it's better than the rpm! But both together through this rig, it's breath taking!!
Got to get a proper 6u case, and trying out an ampeg 410 with my 115 next weekend, but ATM, SERIOUSLY impressed!

Hope the pic loads up off the iPhone!

As we know, without pics, it doesn't exist!

Bugger, it won't! Hold on 10 mins lol

the rbi is set to distorted highs - power amp - 10s (just rolled the bass off and back the treble down - it seems really bitey with distortion)
the rpm is fat clean low - power amp - 15 (rolled the mids out around 1k out but set the treble to about 1 o clock)

the unaffected of the rbi goes into the rear input of the rpm

good lord does it get you moving now!

but as stated earlier - if you're looking to do this set up, go for the rbi first!
the rpm is perfectly gigable, and i have done for a couple of years, but the rbi just has such a more musical overdrive - even all the way up to full its still useable!

next step is to mess about with the full band at rehersal to determine where the rpm mids should be so i dont mess with the guitards tone, and drums, too much!

another big nod to tech 21 is that its just so neat behind it! with right angled jacks they are not in the way at all, and SO easy to get to the DI's

does the soundguy look at you gone out too when you ask for 2 DI's? lol

yeah Gary - after you let me try yours it just had to be done, and after all the overtime i've done recently, the other half couldnt say no! lol

all i need to try out now is what cabs to go through - done and ampeg 810, but i have the 15, and the rehersal room i'm going to on sunday has the 410, so we shall see what i prefer!

as a side note, i've never tried genz benz cabs cetera - is there plenty of volume to be had? out drummer LOVES his cymbals! ha ha

[quote name='rmshaw37' post='1152760' date='Mar 7 2011, 06:16 PM']as a side note, i've never tried genz benz cabs cetera - is there plenty of volume to be had? out drummer LOVES his cymbals! ha ha[/quote]

Yep, there SURE is - I've never had a problem with their power - and they're lightweight to boot! :)
The only thing I can imagine sounding better than my Neo's is a Bergantino NV610 :)

[quote name='cetera' post='1152376' date='Mar 7 2011, 12:03 PM']Excellent! I have the same set up..... and it's a monster! Be careful not to lose the all important mids from your sound though :)

P.S. Hey Gary (Grunge!) good to see you here mate! :)[/quote]

I knew you wouldn't be far away mate! :lol:

• 4 weeks later...