Why become a member? ×

My home made Jazz

Shonks

[quote name='Shonks' post='1152762' date='Mar 7 2011, 07:19 PM']Well, mine does have the bound n blocks, but your's is pretty hot too!!!
Love that colour - ![/quote]
Ta Shonks I forgot about this thread, The Candy Apple Red has grown on me and looks much better against the black guard than the white one that came on the Squier originally. Its amazing how good these Bitsa's can turn out :)

• 2 weeks later...

Brilliant, loving it.

I also did an ebay special jazz bass a few years ago. Dollar was cheap then so bought Fender body and some other bits from the Stratosphere - '62 reissue body and an Allparts lined fretless neck. I'm pretty pleased with mine too but it wasn't the bargain yours was and I stupidly cut corners and didn't use the right tools for cutting the nut slots etc so it doesn't look as slick as yours either!

Nick

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

[quote name='Eight' post='1238437' date='May 20 2011, 05:20 PM']Any name or link for the neck plate? I'd love to get one made for my Peavey project.

Nice work on the bass too![/quote]
here's an eBay link [url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CUSTOM-PERSONALISED-GUITAR-NECK-PLATE-CHROME-/350461545143?pt=UK_Guitar_Accessories&hash=item519922cab7#ht_916wt_823"]ebay link for the neckplate[/url]
his email addy is there too

Thats superb,+1 to the handbuilt jazz club too.Much better than your off the shelf stuff .I did the same,got exactly what I wanted.Pealroid Block lefty upside down neck,Bart pre amp,Vintage EMG's and 3d Bridge,all for about 300 quid.Its the future!
[attachment=80494:jimi_jazz_.jpg]

• 1 month later...

[quote name='mikhay77' post='1238677' date='May 20 2011, 08:21 PM']Thats superb,+1 to the handbuilt jazz club too.Much better than your off the shelf stuff .I did the same,got exactly what I wanted.Pealroid Block lefty upside down neck,Bart pre amp,Vintage EMG's and 3d Bridge,all for about 300 quid.Its the future!
[attachment=80494:jimi_jazz_.jpg][/quote]
hey! that's a beauty - almost love it as much as mine and love that strat jack socket - original ...love it!

• 2 months later...

....and I've gotta say guys, having strummed my guitar with the band (Sarfend Jazz Co-op) whilst Mr. Shone was playing that Jazz.....it sounds [b]every bit [/b][i][/i]as good as it looks, maybe even better (being biased 'cos I'm not such a a fan of maple necks on basses).

And as a former Jazz bass owner I will just say...loving these pictures, guys - keep 'em coming.

• 8 months later...

here's its pink sister:

this is a genuine USA Fender 5 with Marcus Miller John East deluxe preamp - stock p'ups and Badass Bridge.
I drilled thru the bridge to keep the string thru option and moved the B string thru hole to make it longer - see pix. Sort of looks like a botch
but works really well.
Made and added a brass nut.
Put in a battery box and put the jack on a plate and mounted it on the bottom edge, a bit like the deluxe Fenders.
Painted and wrecked the finish myself too, otherwise its standard....lol

Edited by Shonks