Why become a member? ×

SQUIER PROTONE, VERY RARE P/J. **SOLD**

tom1946

Heres my Fender Squier Protone bass
has one small indentation on the top
It has an almost unmarked black body with contrasting red tortoishell pick guard
It has a nice neck with virtually unplayed frets
You will not find a better one!
These are very highly rated guitars, do some google on the protone series and see the results, do not confuse with regular squiers as these are on a par with the early Jap ones
Fender actually stopped production of these as they were affecting sales of the more expensive models, I can't tell this apart from my Jap Precision, it's that good.
Made only for two years.

Only weighs 8.5lbs!

Looking for £300 for it. free delivery.
thanks for looking.

Edited by tom1946

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I wish I could stop looking at this! I don't have £350 to spend at the moment! I think this would look amazing with a black scratchplate. Total stealth... BTW, what are those tuners? Were they standard on Squiers at that time?

Tom, you wouldn't be interested in trades would you?

[quote name='tom1946' post='1279449' date='Jun 23 2011, 10:42 AM']Yup, standard tuners, I'm looking for a Jazz bass more than anything, what you got?[/quote]

As I got half my basses from you, you should know! :)

I don't have a J though. Not a "real" one anyway... Don't suppose a Cort Curbow floats your boat?

[quote name='tom1946' post='1283638' date='Jun 27 2011, 06:46 AM']Last reduction, £300 delivered!

This is a gift for that money![/quote]

I know! And I want it! If only I could sell my Trace Elliot cabinet I'd have it off you now!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...