Why become a member? ×

New guy from Newcastle...

Shifrin

Hey,

Just thought I'd introduce myself, names Simon and I've just hit the 30 mark. Been playing bass for around 10 years now with 80% of my time spent slapping the thing - can't stop grinning when I slap. Influences would include Stu Zender, Victor Wooten, Marcus Miller, Tetsuo Sakurai, Paul Jackson. Music wise it's a mixed bag of 70's/80's jazz-funk and jazz-fusion with some more modern nu-jazz/i.d.m.

Currently playing a Cort Artisan A4 (which I may sell to get funds for a new MIA Fender Jazz Standard)

Si.

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='131232' date='Jan 31 2008, 11:54 AM']The Geordie chapter have a new member woo hoo![/quote]

The Geordies have a 'chapter' eh?! ;)

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='131232' date='Jan 31 2008, 11:54 AM']... and he's already talking GAS, he'll fit right in :)[/quote]

I'm always GAS'ing - just rarely have the funds to act on my impulses :huh:

Si.

[quote name='minty fresh death' post='131284' date='Jan 31 2008, 01:33 PM']welcome dude, i'm going back up to uni in the toon this september, what band(s) do/have you played in up there?[/quote]

Actually, aside from jamming with mates off and on - which in itself was ages ago - I've not been in a band. Wouldn't mind looking into it though, perhaps once I finally learn to drive and have some transport :)

Si.