Why become a member? ×

New bass choise

Macklaud

Hi guys

I'm looking for a new 4 strings so here is a simple question for a not that simple answer:

Whats the best bass that i can get for 500€? (its around 425£)

Right now the [url="http://www.thomann.de/pt/spector_performer_4_classic_sg.htm"]Spector performer[/url] is winning the run as my favorite. Do you guys think that i can get better with that money?

Whatever you decide upon, if you see something here on Basschat, sending it abroad is not too bad.

It cost me approx £45 to send a bass worth £300, including insurance, to Greece, via Parcel2Go, so providing the seller is willing to do that, you`ll still end up with a good deal.

Theres a really good Yamaha BB1100s on here for sale at the moment, for £250.

P/J pickup, passive/active mode. Great bass, and a great price (I bought one new in 1987 and paid £400 for it).

This:
[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=123391"]Spector NS2A[/url]

Far superior to the, admittedly very good, Spector Performer..... and will hold it's value should you wish to move it on in the future.... :)

Well i may consider a second hand bass if i realy like the bass...

But i have been searching and found some realy nice peavey's, what do you guys think about them?
And i have seem this warwick to [url="http://www.thomann.de/pt/warwick_rb_corvette4_natsatin2010.htm"]Warwick RB Corvette $$[/url] but its a bit over the price for me.
As for your spector Cetera, i agree that its a good bass, i just dont like the color =|

[quote name='Lozz196' post='1145349' date='Mar 1 2011, 07:53 AM']Whatever you decide upon, if you see something here on Basschat, sending it abroad is not too bad.

It cost me approx £45 to send a bass worth £300, including insurance, to Greece, via Parcel2Go, so providing the seller is willing to do that, you`ll still end up with a good deal.

P/J pickup, passive/active mode. Great bass, and a great price (I bought one new in 1987 and paid £400 for it).[/quote]

Thanks for the hint Lozz.

[quote name='Macklaud' post='1145224' date='Feb 28 2011, 11:10 PM']Hi guys

I'm looking for a new 4 strings so here is a simple question for a not that simple answer:

Whats the best bass that i can get for 500€? (its around 425£)

Right now the [url="http://www.thomann.de/pt/spector_performer_4_classic_sg.htm"]Spector performer[/url] is winning the run as my favorite. Do you guys think that i can get better with that money?[/quote]

I have that same Spector bass and i'm really happy with it, I think it's a hell of a bass for the money, if you like the feel and sound of it you'll be pleased with it, BUT, the best thing is to try them all in your price range and decide from there. If then you still like the Spector best, go for it, IMO of course.

Well the biggest problem is that in my region there are very few bass's that i can try.... and most are fenders, yamaha, carvins and some warwick's. I haven't tryed a spector yet... my opinion is only based on web articles. That's what make things hard... and that's why i'm asking for help.

Any way thanks for all the help till now.

[quote name='Chris2112' post='1146159' date='Mar 1 2011, 06:01 PM']You'd be better off saying another £100 or so and buying the ACG Graft bass that is up on the boards here, they are awesome.[/quote]

Thanks for the advice, i bet it sounds great, but its not my kind of bass =|

[quote name='Lozz196' post='1145349' date='Mar 1 2011, 07:53 AM']Whatever you decide upon, if you see something here on Basschat, sending it abroad is not too bad.

P/J pickup, passive/active mode. Great bass, and a great price (I bought one new in 1987 and paid £400 for it).[/quote]

well, i tried to buy a peavey t100 here at 80 pounds and with transport it went up to 200... so not really that easy for us :\

[quote name='tomb' post='1146542' date='Mar 1 2011, 10:46 PM']what part of portugal are you from? im from portugal too ^^[/quote]

Hi tomb.
I'm from Leiria... so if i whant to try something good i need to go to Lisbon... since here there's only Sinfonia and more recently Sonigate but they never have anything beside ferder's yamaha and warwick's.
Thats why i have bought my bass's withou never tried them before... yeah it sucks for a musician to leave here. ahahah

[quote name='Macklaud' post='1146673' date='Mar 2 2011, 02:21 AM']Hi tomb.
I'm from Leiria... so if i whant to try something good i need to go to Lisbon... since here there's only Sinfonia and more recently Sonigate but they never have anything beside ferder's yamaha and warwick's.
Thats why i have bought my bass's withou never tried them before... yeah it sucks for a musician to leave here. ahahah[/quote]

maybe if you have a preferred type of sound and neck ppl here can help you more, i know they helped me ^^

[quote name='Macklaud' post='1147056' date='Mar 2 2011, 01:15 PM']Well i love the tone from the spectors. I have tried a Spector rebop and love the sound of it, thats why i'm asking about the spector performer, i dont have any idea if the sound is near the sound of a rebop...[/quote]

It's similar but not quite the same. Why don't you keep your eyes open for a 'used' Rebop?

[quote name='Macklaud' post='1147260' date='Mar 2 2011, 03:42 PM']I have been searching the forum and i found a euro 4 at good price but the price for the ports to portugal is not that good like tomb said before...[/quote]

Shippment to Portugal is not that expensive! Check the web simulators.

Cheers

[quote name='Macklaud' post='1147056' date='Mar 2 2011, 01:15 PM']Well i love the tone from the spectors. I have tried a Spector rebop and love the sound of it, thats why i'm asking about the spector performer, i dont have any idea if the sound is near the sound of a rebop...[/quote]

It's definitely a case of getting what you pay for. I have a Performer which is fun to noodle about on, but it's a light weight, budget, eastern manufactured, passive bass. It owes me nothing, but Spector do make much better products.