Why become a member? ×

Epifani UL410 Series 1 £400

DMX

I've finally made the decision to let my Epifani 410 go - a Series I with the original B&C drivers. It's a fantastic cab, but I'm not playing gigs at the moment so it's way beyond my requirements, and I could do with releasing the cash.

If you're on these boards then I'm sure you know the reputation of these cabs so I won't go on and on, but just to say this is a very clear and articulate cab with tonnes of bottom end. With the horn turned up it can sound very hi-fi, but with it down or off it gets a much more traditional sound. I've used it for rock and metal with excellent results (even if I do say so myself). This is an 8 ohm cab, but it's capable of such massive volume that I don't think that should put you off if you're after a 1 cab solution. I've been using it with a Trace V4 (200w valve amp) and never had the master past 4, putting out just under 200w if you believe the "output indicator" valve.

I bought the cab 2nd hand about 5 years ago when it was in pristine condition. Since then it's done 20ish gigs and a handful of rehearsals, but also moved house a few time and so has picked a little cosmetic damage. As you will see from the photos, there are a couple of scratches on the nameplate and corner protectors and a few of the screws are a bit corroded. There are also one or two tiny paint chips on the grill, and you'll also notice a gap on the covering on the back of the cab. As far as I can tell it's always been like this, and the material is still well stuck down. It's in perfect working order.

Given the not quite perfect condition and the slightly less sought-after 8 ohm rating, I'm after £400 collected from Banbury, Oxfordshire. I think this is a very fair price so am not open to offers. I will, however, consider delivering within 25 miles or so of Banbury or Brackley (where I work), so PM me to discuss if you'd require this.

If you want any more info or opinions then let me know. Specs from Epifani website are below, and thanks for looking.

David

CONFIGURATION
4 x 10" 250W B&C Neo Drivers
100 Watt Bullet Tweeter
Adjustable Tweeter Level Control
IMPEDANCE
8 Ohms
POWER RATING
1000 WRMS
2400 Watt Peak
SPECS
Response 40Hz - 16kHz
Sensitivity 103dB (1W@1m)
HARDWARE
2 x Speakon + 1/4" Output Connectors
Lite Ply Poplar Plywood
Dado Joint Construction
Road-Ready Carpet Covering
High-Impact Locking Corners
Steel Recessed Handles
18 Gauge Steel Grill
DIMENSIONS
26.25"H x 23"W x 17.75"D, or, 670mm H x 585mm W x 450mm D, 57lbs

[attachment=73463:epi_main.JPG][attachment=73464:epi_badge.JPG][attachment=73465:epi_back.JPG]
[attachment=73466:epi_corner.JPG][attachment=73467:epi_handle.JPG]