Why become a member? ×

need help!!!!!!!!!!

fiatcoupe432

[quote name='fiatcoupe432' post='1140700' date='Feb 25 2011, 01:12 AM']Hi All ,i need help as im gonna trade a instrument that is located in greece,have you ever trade it oversea?
how im gonna do it without buy a flight ticket?
where i must start?
all help welcome
thank you with anticipation
Antoin[/quote]

Hi Antoin,

Is it with another basschatter? If it is, the first thing to do is check out if they have any feedback. (Bottom of the main page)

I sold a bass to a member on here a year or so ago. (kermitnt) if it's him, you have no problem. He's a great guy.

I live in France and sent the bass, a fretless Stingray via the French post office with no problems. As you live in the UK though, I would suggest an international courier, and the same for the other guy sending you the bass. Make sure you have them both fully insured and that they both have a tracking number so you can keep an eye on things.

It all comes down to whether you trust each other to send the bass really, especially if you don't know each other. If you are going to fly out, I guess the other person should pay half your travel costs.

Edited by leschirons

[quote name='fiatcoupe432' post='1140717' date='Feb 25 2011, 03:02 AM']Thank you les, is not kermint, the guy joined basschat only yesterday so........[/quote]

Hmmmm ... unless this person has a profile somewhere else you can check (talkbass / ebay / harmony central), I'd suggest caution. In my experience it's extremely rare that someone wants to do a trade and *doesn't* have some kind of reputation available for checking online.
edit: I appreciate the irony of me having few posts and also having joined yesterday, but I can point people to other accounts I have to check my credentials. :)

Edited by OzMike

[quote name='OzMike' post='1140752' date='Feb 25 2011, 05:04 AM']Hmmmm ... unless this person has a profile somewhere else you can check (talkbass / ebay / harmony central), I'd suggest caution. In my experience it's extremely rare that someone wants to do a trade and *doesn't* have some kind of reputation available for checking online.
edit: I appreciate the irony of me having few posts and also having joined yesterday, but I can point people to other accounts I have to check my credentials. :)[/quote]

+1, an overseas trade with someone who has no reliable track record here would be unwise unless he's prepared to send you his bass before you send yours to him. Flying out to do the trade is mad. It's a lot of work and expense, but there is also a huge amount of risk; you could meet the guy at the airport only to find he's there with five mates and they run off with your bass.

Are we talking about a bass that you couldn't get in the UK? I really don't see the logic of buying from overseas unless the bass is either so rare that you have no choice, or so cheap that the risk is economically justified.

C