Why become a member? ×

My 62 EB3

Heartbreaker

Yes, a very nice bass. The cherry finish seems to be holding up well. Is this new to you, or something you've had for ages?

And which amp do you chose live for those Free sounds? Do you get it to break up nicely with the trace elliot?

I tend to play my Gibson EB3s through a Marshall JMP - great overdriven Andy fraser tone when I need it - although it doesn't suit every band I play with. For some smaller gigs I was using a trace elliot combo, but it never quite sounded how I wanted it do.

• 8 months later...

Hi Evil Lord, only just read your post above. I've had the Girl for many years along with other old EB3's but this one is just mint despite being nearly 50 years old & one of my main gigging basses. A real keeper. I too have been chasing the Holly Grail of tone to get that Andy Frazer sound over the years. I've tried many combinations of heads & cabs since the 60's & eventually am very happy with my latest set up I've now been using for the past 6-7 years. I use an Ampeg SVT4 pro head with a combination of Markbass cabs depending on the venue as we are a very loud band & I have 2 Marshall guitar rigs to cut through to get heard. I usually use 2 x 410hlf Mk1 Markbass cabs or a 410 & 115hlf.

[attachment=92464:96 CSJazz 73 Jazz 62 EB3.JPG] [attachment=92466:Heroes 1.JPG]

Edited by Heartbreaker