Why become a member? ×

For sale: One or two Acme Low-B2 cabs

alexclaber

I need something to prompt me into building some speaker cabs sooner rather than later and an absence of my own cabs is bound to do that! So I think it's time for my Acmes to find new homes. They are the first run of the Series II models, both in good condition for their age (born in Aug '99) but due to their age the woofers are beginning to tire - this means that at high volumes they break up (in a rather cool vintage manner) but for the authentic Acme sound at loud gigs they could do with replacement, at a cost of $65 per woofer. Saying that, even now they put out more bottom than 90% of cabs without any nasty noises! I think £200 per cab is a fair price, they are spectacularly excellent. And they've been improved with the addition of a side strap handle each (the exact one from the Low-B1) - so if you're a real man you can carry them with one hand! :) (I do and I'm not terribly large).

Here's one of them:

Alex

Edited by alexclaber

[quote name='Bigwan' post='130732' date='Jan 30 2008, 03:35 PM']Does Mr.BFM have you in his Omni15 tallboy clutches then?[/quote]

No, I decided the Omni 15TB was too large and on further investigation am unconvinced about the midrange horn geometry and closed back driver and their effect upon distortion. Am building a 3015LF/6ND410 biamp compact cab.

Alex

[quote name='alexclaber' post='132854' date='Feb 3 2008, 01:15 AM']No, I decided the Omni 15TB was too large and on further investigation am unconvinced about the midrange horn geometry and closed back driver and their effect upon distortion. Am building a 3015LF/6ND410 biamp compact cab.

Alex[/quote]

Hi Alex - PM sent.

• 1 month later...