Why become a member? ×

Tubeway Patrol

CyberBass

Ex Tubeway Army members Sean Burke and Barry Benn are working with me to master 12 track album of unrelease Tubeway Patrol material, this material is great. I am also mastering a demo Sean did with the late great Paul Gardener. Paul is singing on the 4 tracks, he is playing bass on 3 of the 4 tracks, I am adding bass line to the 4th :-)
the Paul Gardiner demo was recorded just before his death.
I must admit this project is a bit of a dream come true for me, so wanted to share with you :-)

Edited by CyberBass

I read about this band in the paper when they first formed and being a Tubeway Army fan I was quite intrigued. I never actually came across any material though.

Anything with Paul Gardiner on is something that I want to hear so please let me know when and where I can get hold of the finished product.

Yes no problem, I will keep you informed.
There is a Tubeway Patrol page on myspace with some of their tracks. :-)
[quote name='Tengu' post='1139981' date='Feb 24 2011, 02:11 PM']I read about this band in the paper when they first formed and being a Tubeway Army fan I was quite intrigued. I never actually came across any material though.

Anything with Paul Gardiner on is something that I want to hear so please let me know when and where I can get hold of the finished product.[/quote]

About 30 years ago, my mate Ken had a job driving a van. His helper was Gary Numan. One day young Gary handed him a bedroom tape he'd done, which was a sort of re-written cop of Ziggy Stardust.

IIRC, Ken - no mean guitarist - reckoned it was OK-ish but told Gary would get more work if he did a covers band.

[quote name='skankdelvar' post='1140214' date='Feb 24 2011, 06:08 PM']About 30 years ago, my mate Ken had a job driving a van. His helper was Gary Numan. One day young Gary handed him a bedroom tape he'd done, which was a sort of re-written cop of Ziggy Stardust.

IIRC, Ken - no mean guitarist - reckoned it was OK-ish but told Gary would get more work if he did a covers band.[/quote]
As I remember Mr Bowie was non too complimentary when Gary hit the big time. By coincidence I was watching TA's "Are Friends Electric?" on the Whistle Test DVD yesterday. It was quite different to the released version, but the mix was crap too.