Why become a member? ×

*SOLD* Epiphone 1960's EB-3 - Alpine White *SOLD*

bassjamm

[quote name='Schnozzalee' post='1139487' date='Feb 24 2011, 01:26 AM']Aww you should keep it Jamie, I tried one of these in Cranes, Cardiff and was rather surprised - TONE!! Needs flatwounds though.[/quote]

Hi mate...I like it, but it's not needed. I've got a Gibson Grabber on the way in which will be all that I need along with my Precision really! But if it doesn't sell I'll be happy to hold on to it...it's a beauty!

Why was their any doubt? The EB0s are short scale & the EB3s are long scale with the Epiphone models. Is it because this isn't the case with Gibson ones? I also should have mentioned that I used to own an Epiphone EB3 too so have a bit of first hand experience, just not in this cool white shade.

Have a look at [url="http://forums.vintageguitars.org.uk/showthread.php?t=2795"]this thread[/url]. The spec originally copied from the Dawson's ad is short scale, but if you look at it now, it's listed as long scale. In either case, the Epi "60s Club" reissues have dot markers, whereas the standard ones have blocks. As hillbilly says, there definitely were some short scale models shipped, so it's all a bit confusing, to say the least.

Anyway, we've established that bassjamm's is long, so let's hope someone comes along soon and buys it.

[quote name='Gust0o' post='1145319' date='Mar 1 2011, 01:43 AM']Very cool.

Didn't they do one with the inlay bars on the fretboard also?

The guy from My Ruin uses one of these, and gets a lovely rock tone from it.[/quote]

I think the standard EB-3 has the inlays. This is the 1960's re-issue which has the smaller body and the dots, etc.

And yes yes, it does have a pretty sweet tone. Loads of depth!