Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

REVIEW = SWR 6x10 & M.B Little Mark II (An Odd looking Rig??)

BIG.J

Just thought i would post a little review on this head / cab (Yes! may need to move this thread to another Topic Section). I Apologise for my $hit spelling as i am a Welsh Breed. Lol!

Although the SWR Goliath Snr is a pretty big cab, I find it 10 x Easier to wheel to & from my Vehicle and to venues etc than most 1 x15 / 410 cabs as you just tilt back and away you go (Same goes for the 8x8 Henry Cab as its the same cab).

I left my Redhead combo behind the other day and having not sourced a compact cab for my Little Mark II i though stuff it, Drag the 6x10 out as its a 4ohm Cab..

Lol! The Head did look a little stupid on the top of the cab but i tell you something..... WOW! Absolutely Blown away by the Clear Punch and Crisp snappy highes etc. I used my Classic 50's P Bass and the head needed nothing at all.... Maxed my Tone & Volume pots on the Bass.. Set the input gain level. All EQ set to twelve o Clock, Vintage knob switched off and Hi Freq control at twelve o Clock.... This was the first time i had played through Mark Bass and i am Gobb Smaked..Haha

Master gain is barely even on and the Place Rumbbles like no other rig i have used. Just back off my tone pot on the Bass for a little funk... And back on for slap tone. Combined with the use of the Hi freq knob on the head it produces chest pounding thumps with ear piercing crisp pops.

Now looks ain't everything in this game...Haha!

J.

:)

[quote name='xgsjx' post='1136344' date='Feb 21 2011, 09:39 PM']Get a 19" 2, 3 or 4 u rack & the rack ears for your LMII & you can pop a rack tuner or rack FX in there too. Then it'll look the part. :)[/quote]

Lol! Just been looking at that option as i use the TC Electronics G Major & Midiboard , Plus it has its own tuner. Its in the 1u space in my combo but thinking of putting the LMII in a 3U rack without ears.. I will then put the TC in a rack and try and fit 2 x Wireless units in there at the side of the LMII (Something tells me it's Bigger than half rack though :)

Cheers Buddy

J.