Why become a member? ×

SOLD: Fender Sting Signature bass- Superb!: SOLD

Old Horse Murphy

I wanted 1 of these but ended up with a second one in a trade! As superb as they are, one is enough!

It's a Crafted in Japan model and in superb condition. The only marks I can find on the bass apart from where the covers have been fitted are a few scuff marks on the lower horn (pictured).

Build quality is absolutely superb. Unlike the 51 Reissue, this has a comfortable contoured body and weighs considerably less too!

It weighs under 9lbs (nearer 8.5lbs) and has recently been set up. It sounds superb and plays beautifully. I will also include the original bridge and a new style Fender high mass bridge in the sale.

These are currently selling new for over £800! This one is considerably cheaper at £510 plus P&P. It's also on Ebay at a premium.

Edited by Old Horse Murphy

[quote name='Old Horse Murphy' post='1133854' date='Feb 19 2011, 10:30 PM']This one is considerably cheaper at £510 plus P&P.[/quote]

Total bargain, especially with a free pair of steel-toe caps thrown in! :)

Were they Sting's shoes at some point or something?

Also, have a *Shoe Bump*

[quote name='andy67' post='1137050' date='Feb 22 2011, 01:16 PM']Hi OHM,

Did you get this from Thornybank?

andy[/quote]

Hi Andy

No, the other one I have is from Thornybank! I got this one as part of a trade/cash deal.

The Thornybank bass is a keeper and now has a new style Fender bridge on it :)

Edited by Old Horse Murphy

[quote name='Old Horse Murphy' post='1137053' date='Feb 22 2011, 01:18 PM']Hi Andy

No, the other one I have is from Thornybank! I got this one as part of a trade/cash deal.

The Thornybank bass is a keeper and now has a new style Fender bridge on it :)[/quote]

Hiya,

definitely a keeper! I had a wee shot with that bass, it was just soooo good, actually its far better than that. Good luck with the sale these are great basses.

andy