Why become a member? ×

WITHDRAWN - Jaydee Roadie Supernatural 1A

TheGreek

I'm trying to raise the funds to purchase a Wal 4 string from another BCer so some of my basses are (reluctantly) needing to make way.

This listing is for my Jaydee Roadie Supernatural 1A - single pick up model but it is active..

In near mint condition - I can't find any dents or dings - I'm sure you would be hard pushed to find another in this condition..

This bass has been kept in it's case(in my living room) for the past year or so and has only been out to have the pics taken a couple of weeks ago. I'm asking for £700 ONO [size=3]- a non active model recently sold on Gumtree for the same price.

Anybody who knows anything about basses knows about the quality of these and should appreciate what a potential bargain this is..

Additional photos can be made available to interested buyers - as is my policy I would invite serious buyers to try before they buy..

[size=3][b]I had a reply from John earlier today (14/3/2011) to say that the Bass was built in 1987 and that, if interested, a second p/up could be fitted for £115..[/b][/size]

Edited by TheGreek

Hi, the bass in my sig picture is such a Roadie 1A. Its been with me for over 25 years, is greatly loved and, I hope, will stay with me (unless I get talked into parting with it to my son who loves it equally!) forever.

While many, including myself, wax on about Fenders etc the quality and workmanship is way above those mass produced classics. It has a unique sound which cuts through and has the fastest and sleekest neck I have experienced in any guitar - and I will defend the one on my Pre-EB MM to the death!

Have a bump and a recommendation for an underestimated bass and a wonderful musical instrument.

This listing is for my Jaydee Roadie Supernatural 1A - single pick up model but it is active..

Hiya
I used to have a fretlesss version which was excellent. Lovely quality and a super fast neck. Solid as a rock,
good luck with the sale, joe

Here's some of the info from the Jaydee website: [url="http://www.jaydeeguitars.com"]http://www.jaydeeguitars.com[/url]

The "Roadie" - By Jaydee - One and Two pick-up models.
The Roadie is the beginning of the Jaydee range of Supernatural Basses. A straightforward construction, consisting of a solid Brazilian Mahogany body with a three-piece Mahogany and Maple neck.

A non - laminated construction designed to reduce the cost but still retaining the same hardware, quality and standard in performance.

General Features

Chrome Schaller Machine heads
21 fret ebony fingerboard - 34" scale
Hard Nickel Alloy frets
Mother of Pearl position markers
SN 2000 Pick-ups
Master volume/Master tone/Rotary Pick-up selector
Chrome Hardware
Finished in a hard wearing high gloss lacquer
Cherry Red or Black ( Custom Colours also available )

The "Roadie" Active By Jaydee
The next Bass in the Roadie series, making this the lowest priced active bass in the Supernatural range. Having all the standard features of the "Roadie II" plus the three band EQ

Nut width is: 41mm

Not sure what you're asking with the "forearm contour" - anybody else?
As for battery life - I installed a new battery just before I last played it - about 9 months ago - a friend had it out at the weekend and it was OK but then it hadn't been used for a while. I've only ever changed the battery once in the two years I've had it..

As you can see this is a brown burst..

Hope this helped..(TBH I'm not really up on the tech specs - all I ever really did was play it..)

[quote name='TheGreek' post='1137362' date='Feb 22 2011, 05:35 PM']Not sure what you're asking with the "forearm contour" - anybody else?[/quote]

Many thanks for the info.

Forearm contour is where your right arm would rest on the body. Slab bodies don't tend to have a contour, most P basses and jazz basses do.

I seem to need a contour for my right arm otherwise playing gets uncomfortable.

This is good value. Mansons have a similar age 2 pickup version for a lot more:
[url="http://www.mansons.co.uk/shopping/categories/second-hand-bass-guitars/jaydee-custom-guitars/pre-owned-supernatural-bass-roadie-bass-guitar/"]http://www.mansons.co.uk/shopping/categori...ie-bass-guitar/[/url]