Why become a member? ×

Warwick Collection... what do you want and how much?

warwickhunt

[quote name='GremlinAndy' post='132860' date='Feb 3 2008, 01:55 AM']yep see you later today mate.

Andy[/quote]

Pleasure meeting you Andy and a refreshingly straight forward sale... though I have a feeling we may be meeting up again (Andy now has a taste for Streamer Stage Is).

If you do need to have any dealings with Andy I can categorically state that you couldn't wish to meet a nicer straight up bloke.

Now! One down, when are the rest of you coughing up :)

I won't be bumping this any further :) Thanks to all those people who've shown interest.

I've put the thumb screws on a few people who have made offers asking for deposits and I've declined the offer to ship to the Ukraine, so as it stands I've got the following available;

Black Streamer Stage I ('90 Bartolinis)
Black Streamer Stage II ('91 MEC)
Natural Streamer Stage I ('90 Birds-eye maple with Bartolini Soapbars)
Blue Streamer Stage I ('91 MEC)
Dolphin Pro I ('91 MEC)
Orange Streamer Stage I ('87 MEC with Demeter pre)
Streamer Corvette ('91 Wizard overwound pups, original MEC circuit - supplied with original MECs as well)

After this week I'll enjoy these basses again until the Summer and see where we stand then.

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='133215' date='Feb 3 2008, 07:24 PM']I won't be bumping this any further :) Thanks to all those people who've shown interest.

I've put the thumb screws on a few people who have made offers asking for deposits and I've declined the offer to ship to the Ukraine, so as it stands I've got the following available;

Black Streamer Stage I ('90 Bartolinis)
Black Streamer Stage II ('91 MEC)
Natural Streamer Stage I ('90 Birds-eye maple with Bartolini Soapbars)
Blue Streamer Stage I ('91 MEC)
Dolphin Pro I ('91 MEC)
Orange Streamer Stage I ('87 MEC with Demeter pre)
Streamer Corvette ('91 Wizard overwound pups, original MEC circuit - supplied with original MECs as well)

After this week I'll enjoy these basses again until the Summer and see where we stand then.[/quote]

I thought someone from ukraine has bought your blue one?

EDIT: haha, dw sorry didn't notice the Ukraine decline...shipping costs? but woo! still avaliable...

Edited by Pedro1020

[quote name='Pedro1020' post='133216' date='Feb 3 2008, 07:25 PM']I thought someone from ukraine has bought your blue one?

EDIT: haha, dw sorry didn't notice the Ukraine decline...shipping costs? but woo! still avaliable...[/quote]

No the Ukraine was just a bit too much of a headache. I'm not saying it's dead in the water but for details look here... [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=12730"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=12730[/url]

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='133221' date='Feb 3 2008, 07:35 PM']No the Ukraine was just a bit too much of a headache. I'm not saying it's dead in the water but for details look here... [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=12730"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=12730[/url][/quote]

ahhh...the intentions of that guy does seem dodgy, plus all the hassle along the way...gd choice! atleast you give me time to raise up some more moulah :)

Thanks for today mate. I enjoyed your company. ...and your collection. I *will* be seeing you real soon I imagine. (See your PM)

To everyone else looking at the possibility of buying one of these machines:
My experiences today were VERY enlightening. I heard some amazing and varied sounds. More varied than I was expecting. (yet all unmistakably Warwick) And being able to A-B the different models one after the other was a great, and pretty unique, opportunity.
If any of you are considering buying, I'll just add that there wasn't a single bass there that I wouldn't have been overjoyed to have come away with.
I'm making an offer right now on another. ...and have my eye on a third!
So if you hurry, there might even be one left for you, when I've done....

AndyR, Proud owner of the Streamer '87 Ltd Ed :)

[quote name='Pedro1020' post='133288' date='Feb 3 2008, 09:37 PM']lol..I reli want the blue streamer...just a word for ya andy :) but congrats on what you bought![/quote]

Well, The blue streamer was going to be my third offer but won't be for a month or so, so if you back out, or dally, it will be mine! :huh:
I played it, and that is a helluva lot of bass for the cash. The sound knocked me over backwards. It will make a truly awesome working bass.

(edit: I say "working bass" because the sound *must* be gigged and heard by audiences! It was such an aggressive sound. Truly staggering!)

Edited by GremlinAndy

[quote name='GremlinAndy' post='133295' date='Feb 3 2008, 09:51 PM']Well, The blue streamer was going to be my third offer but won't be for a month or so, so if you back out, or dally, it will be mine! :huh:
I played it, and that is a helluva lot of bass for the cash. The sound knocked me over backwards. It will make a truly awesome working bass.

(edit: I say "working bass" because the sound *must* be gigged and heard by audiences! It was such an aggressive sound. Truly staggering!)[/quote]

lol I know the feeling, practically most warwicks produce the tonal sound, though the earlies are simply sex in your hands. I had ago on a natural (zender) model, simply fantastic though the guy wanted £1200 and my attitude was "on yer bike mate"

I only have one guitar to flog..ONE! thats the Fender Bronco, cursed thing wont sell..:) so when the right person comes, I wont be dallying..it will be mine!! muhahahaha..

Hey Andy, cheers for the kind words and it was just as educational for me listening to someone else play while I focused on the tone... funny how that Swirly Bubinga bass sounded better for you than me... and I'm sorry that one is spoken for :huh: You have a PM mate.

The black Stage I and the natural Streamer with the Bart soapbars are now effectively sold and deposits taken (can't accept full payments by paypal if I'm paying the fees :) )

The guy who wanted the blue Streamer may well be paying in £GBP and accepting shipping to the Ukraine so if anyone wants this you have a couple of days to say so... saying that I have no idea of shipping costs to the Ukraine so I ain't holding my breath!

<edit>

SOLD

Black Stage II
87 Ltd Ed
Black Stage I (Andy's again)
Nat Streamer S'bars
1 Infinette
Nat Stage II

AVAILABLE

1 Infinette (BASSIST mag review model, virtually unused and stock)
Dolphin Pro I
Blue Stage I
Orange Pumpkin Stage I

Edited by warwickhunt