Why become a member? ×

WITHDRAWN. too good a bass to let go cheaply.

alembic1989

[b]Up for sale/trade is one of my finest basses.
The builder is Les Evans, for those of you unfamiliar with his work..all you need to do is check the pics.
The build quality is second to none.
There are some lovely toucehs to the appointments and and contours of this beauty.
It is fitted with a John East preamp and EMG's.
Les will build you a bass like this but you will have to wait for a long ttime, and you won't get much change from £4000.
I am asking £1750 ono. Feel free to make an offer..don't be shy, I can only say 'no thank you very much'..I'm very polite you see. I really would prefer to sell..old story..far too many instruments, but if you have something nice you would like to trade I'll listen.
There are a couple of dings ..see pics.
Bass can be tried first (I would encourage this)..I live in sunny Berkshire.
This bass is awesome and sounds huge.[/b]

Edited by alembic1989

[quote name='cocco' post='1137036' date='Feb 22 2011, 01:11 PM']f*** me dead that's gorgeous! Does the builder have much of a following?[/quote]

I have seen one or two of his basses up for sale on this forum, and they were very highly regarded by those who owned them..and one or two people who had tried them. He lives I believe in Liverpool...though I could be wrong. The attention to detail is just brilliant, a man this talented should be much more widely known.

Glad you like it...a bit puzzling that a bass this pretty has only attracted 2-3 remarks..very strange.
If it was some poxy fender jazz in candy apple red........

[quote name='arpi' post='1136981' date='Feb 22 2011, 12:37 PM']Hello, if I had the money you could put it right together with the Noguera,

Cheers Arpi[/quote]

Now now Arpi...don't be greedy :-)
I've been meaning to ask..what is that awesome looking bass that you are playing on your profile pic..it looks VERY EXPENSIVE.

Hello Raj, that´s a Human Base The Base Single Cut 6-String, very nice and also light Bass from the German luthier Siggi Jäger from Human Base, check it out.

Cheers Arpi

still can´t wait to get my hands on the Noguera, yes yes I know, don´t buy lot of basses, more practicing would be the better way. :)

[quote name='alembic1989' post='1137825' date='Feb 22 2011, 11:15 PM']Now now Arpi...don't be greedy :-)
I've been meaning to ask..what is that awesome looking bass that you are playing on your profile pic..it looks VERY EXPENSIVE.[/quote]

[quote name='pantherairsoft' post='1141947' date='Feb 25 2011, 11:13 PM']Love this bass!!

What's the scale length and string spacing please?

Shep[/quote]

Hi Shep,
scale lenghth 35"
string spacing 17mm
hope that helps
Raj

Edited by alembic1989